• Software
  • Reaper is an awsome DAW "PERIOD" License $60 (p.12)
JohnKenn
Once again, I'm very happy to be proven wrong.
Regarding ARA support in Reaper, check this:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200297

John

Veddy cool!!!  In the nine or more years I've been using REAPER, I've found that those guys are the most responsive coders I've seen.  When I was still coding, if someone called with an issue, and I could see what that issue was, I'd jump right on it the same day, and frequently have a fix up for them to download in hours. Justin and Schwa seem the same way to me, in that they don't want to have a product that falls short, or has some technical issue making it malfunction. I think of it as being similar to the mindset of old world craftsman who had pride in their work, creating masterpieces, and leaving no detail unfinished.
2017/12/03 16:54:10
Zargg
JohnKenn
Once again, I'm very happy to be proven wrong.
Regarding ARA support in Reaper, check this:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200297

John

That's great news!
2017/12/03 16:58:01
Billy Buck
Yes, ARA integration is finally coming to REAPER! 
2017/12/03 21:04:36
jbraner
Billy Buck
Yes, ARA integration is finally coming to REAPER! 

I guess I'll be coming to Reaper to 😉
2017/12/03 23:10:55
skinnybones lampshade
ARA integration in Reaper .... HURRAY!!  That's everything I was hoping for. Wonderful!
2017/12/04 01:39:45
JohnKenn
Bottom line for me only, others may disagree... and you may well be on the higher moral and technological ground. Just my opinion from having bounced Reaper and Sonar off each other for more years than I want to remember. Major strengths and weaknesses are in each.

Reaper is an absolute killer machine. Incredible. Rock solid, stable, brilliant, constantly evolving. Getting thru the paradigm shift is problematic when things are expected to work like something familiar, and Reaper doesn't do it the same way we are calcified to demand that it has to be done..

For those new looking at Reaper as one of their possible DAW's, a couple hours trial ain't going to cut it, will only end in anger and frustration, loss of a beautiful system above our radar. Takes days to understand what these geeks put together and created as a next generation workflow, that in all honesty fell short in Cubase, Sonar, Protools and others.

When too not drink to drunk no more, would be honored to do a couple YouTube videos on some of the hi points that IMHO excel way beyond Sonar's ability to handle the tasks. You judge. If you see how effectively it is done and how simple it is to do tasks impossible in Sonar, the jump is not so bad and has many benefits. Only a different way of doing things. Want to start with glorious multi synth and effects chaining Youtube for keyboard folks. Should add that TTS-1, Dimension, Rapture, Zta, the SI suite of strings and pianos, etc, work solid in Reaper. And thanks to Glenbo for his hard on, continued input for the welfare of all.

Still keeping Sonar on my disc. May revert to 8.5 back when the program was civilized. I need Reaper and maybe others of do you as well.

John
2017/12/04 04:02:38
samson7842
I think the best way to tell if you'll really like a DAW is to get in there and make a full fledged song with it. By the time you're done mixing it, you'll know if it's for you or not. I just don't think going over tutorials or quick-start guides alone is enough. Actually, making music with it tells the whole story.
2017/12/04 16:05:05
JohnoL
Does Reaper have anything similar to project folders?
JohnoL
Does Reaper have anything similar to project folders?

Yep. That how all my projects are kept. 

Something semi-related is in REAPER, you can have projects inside other projects too, so you could have a top level project called "Album" and inside it, sub-projects that are the individual songs.

Sound on Sound did a review of it last year.

https://www.soundonsound....ues/reaper-subprojects

2017/12/04 17:28:33
JohnKenn
Samson,

You are right. Getting a song published from beginning to CD is the proof that the thing will work and no quick start guide will do that for you.

At the same time, Reaper’s workflow is quite different and can cause a lot of headache trying to adjust to even the basics at first.

I think I can create a brief YouTube on the general setup of a track, midi vs audio assignment, VST/VSTI setup and chaining synths, from the perspective of what a Sonar user has to deal with. Also in the YouTube, a couple neat tricks that are not in any manual. If I can facilitate the voyage for anyone and help cut thru some of the grief, I’ve done my job.

John
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account