• Software
  • Reaper is an awsome DAW "PERIOD" License $60 (p.9)
jbraner
if Justin and Schwa want to add full ARA support

Hey G'bo - is that the same schwa who makes plugins?

I believe both Schwa and Stillwell (http://www.stillwellaudio.com/) are involved in REAPER development.
There are JS plugins included in REAPER from both, and on their plugins page they offer REAPER only versions in addition to the normal VST/VSTi versions of their plugins for a substantial discount.

They also use "White Tie" to design the graphics for their plugins. White Tie also designed the "Imperial" theme for REAPER.  http://www.houseofwhiteti...erial/wt_imperial.html

2017/11/30 18:16:37
jbraner
OK thanks. They make good plugs.
I thought I recognised "schwa" ;-)

I just saw this over in the REAPER forum. Thought some of you guys here might like to know about it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've set up Melodyne as my secondary external editor. When inside Reaper I want to edit a stem, select the stem and opening the secondary external editor. Melodyne opens. Then I edit the stem. Export the file as wav file to my desktop, and move it into the project folder. Returning to Reaper, it updates the stem.

Edit:

It seems they have something called "Save and Replace audio", which is intended for using Melodyne as an external editor in a DAW:
Quote:
Saving with “Replace Audio” is primarily useful when you define Melodyne in your DAW as the external sample editor: at the push of a button inside the DAW, you can then open a file for editing in Melodyne, whereby saving it subsequently with “Replace Audio” ensures that the file is “given back” to the DAW automatically. This is because the DAW uses the name of the file to identify and access it, and since Melodyne is no longer changing the name, saving the edited file in Melodyne with “Replace Audio” makes it instantly available to the DAW.
http://helpcenter.celemony.com/hc2-c...elodyne-studio

Wow, this workflow seems pretty good. Using "replace audio" totally fixed my main issue. Excellent! I have a toolbar button that says "Open in Melodyne". I then do my edits, and then press File > Replace Audio. Then, I exit Melodyne and the change is there instantly.
2017/11/30 20:00:22
jbraner
Thanks for that (we know you're really still) G'bo!
Thats a few more clicks than ARA - but should be perfectly usable for tuning and fixing things.

I don't know about tempo maps though...

Melodyne also lets you drag a audio file to a MIDI track, and it extracts the timing and notes (!)
I've never used it - don't know how you'd try it in Reaper.

I'll get it installed one of these days.

I do get the feeling that most things are possible - but you just have to be persistent, and keep looking/trying ;-)
Kinda like the "linux" of the DAW world ;-)

2017/11/30 20:07:53
azslow3
Yup... And I like that ;)
I am more and more convinced Melodyne will work as it should in Reaper, some "lucky" day (not sure that is going to be pure luck for me, but if not, everyone will just have to wait a bit longer).
2017/11/30 20:27:52
LAGinz25
I know this is a a Reaper thread, but just a reminder that both Melodyne ARA and Vocalign ARA work very well in Studio One. In fact, I believe Studio One was the first DAW to implement ARA, which it did with Melodyne before Sonar had ARA.
LAGinz25
I know this is a a Reaper thread, but just a reminder that both Melodyne ARA and Vocalign ARA work very well in Studio One. In fact, I believe Studio One was the first DAW to implement ARA, which it did with Melodyne before Sonar had ARA.

Pretty sure everyone in this thread already knows that, but the real burning question that everyone wants to know is how much prettier is Studio One?   <GGG>
2017/11/30 21:26:22
jbraner
Well, Reaper can be "pretty" too - can't it?
It's got the geek appeal though (I mean that in the best possible way) ;-)

2017/11/30 21:39:53
azslow3
LAGinz25

Since ARA is a technology developed by Celemony in cooperation with Presonus, what you write definitively make sense. May be we also should mentions for which DAW Steinberg has developed VST... 

Seriously. I have nothing against Studio One. But you see the link in my signature, for which I have spend years of my free time... And the meaning of official answer from Presonus was: "you can forget your plug-in".

I better implement ARA in Reaper myself then just drop my creature  dnd for "very small priced" package of 5 challenge response authorizations with a bunch of plug-ins. I already have that, I have "lifetime" Platinum. I do not need another one, without some features I liked and without new features I could say "wow... that is really cool and what I want".

BTW my question was not answered directly on Presonus site, just in another question. Such "support" I also have with Sonar "lifetime"
jbraner
Well, Reaper can be "pretty" too - can't it?

Mine is!!!   ;)

It's got the geek appeal though (I mean that in the best possible way) ;-)

One of the many things I love about it, but the biggest feature that I love more than anything else about REAPER, is that I can run my twin M-Audio 2496 cards at 64 ms latency, NEVER change it from that, and then add more than 100 plugins to my projects, including multiple virtual amps, and other CPU hungry plugins.

It lets me work on my music, rather than working on my DAW.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account