• Software
  • What I miss so far in Studio One. (p.11)
2017/12/22 14:20:27
soens
Studio One requires a USB $lothog? Or is that for the box set? Besides PT and Cubase are there any others?
2017/12/22 16:06:03
CTStump
soens
Studio One requires a USB $lothog? Or is that for the box set? Besides PT and Cubase are there any others?

No it certainly does not need a dongle. What your seeing is how the box set is delivered, on a USB stick.

No more DVD's. The new way of delivery, no need to panic yet.
2017/12/22 22:42:12
soens
WHEW!

Wait.... what do you mean "yet"?
2017/12/22 23:33:55
Jeff Evans
As far as I can tell, and after all I have been involved with Studio One for quite a while now and have got my ear to the ground, they have no intentions of going to any form of USB dongle. Any mention of it is just pure speculation. The current system of authorisation seems to work rather nicely.
2017/12/23 09:23:22
synkrotron
Rimshot
In SOP, you create a bus and send whatever you want to it.
Then, you can use that bus output as the input for a new audiio track and then simply record that input.
Very easy.

Thanks for pointing this out Rimshot

At first I was scratching my head bout how to do this... I was creating an audio track with the intention of then routing the output a a bus to it. But when I clicked on the output of a bus and looked for the audio track I couldn't find it in the list of available outputs.

I now realise that you instead go to the audio track and select an input, and amongst the list of input options are all of the busses.

So, yeah, thanks Rimshot, and thanks also to Tom B for raising the question.

Every day is a school day

cheers

andy
2017/12/23 14:05:32
Jimbo21
This is a very informative thread. Thanks guys!
2017/12/24 02:28:03
soens

Instrument Definitions for hardware synths, etc. All you get is Bank & Program numbers but no way to assign a particular voice without cycling thru the #'s or guessing. Apparently modern DAWs don't think anyone uses them anymore.

Read this and tell me what you think.

It has been a feature request since v1 but so far nothing has been implemented.

Cubase has a patchname file similar to Sonar INS files but I found it not working 100%.

Then I discovered this! It's different and maybe even better in some respects... no files required.
2017/12/24 02:35:31
soens
I also miss GUI customization. Some DAWs have themes and/or graphic files easily accessible or extractable so you can edit them. Not SO3 or Cubase. They're locked up tighter than Alcatraz... was.

Guess it'll keep me focused on using it instead of tweaking it.
2017/12/24 02:41:03
Jeff Evans
Studio One. Try Options/General/Appearence. Plenty of GUI tweaking possible there. You can actually create multiple themes, name them and select them whenever you feel.
2017/12/24 03:42:33
soens
Those are general color schemes (which I do use), not actual customization like Sonar's Theme Editor & Panu's Duckbar can do.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account