• Software
  • What I miss so far in Studio One. (p.15)
2017/12/27 06:45:12
Jeff Evans
There is a way to make a buss visible on the main arrange page. While in the mixer, click on the buss. Click in that title area that says Auto OFF just above the buss name. Click on Add/remove parameters. Select Volume in the right pane and then click on ADD to the left of that.

The buss will now appear on the main arrange window. Press A to show the volume automation and at this point you will see a blue line. Buss volume can be adjusted here and automation can be recorded and viewed etc..Or simply left off allowing you to manually adjust buss level.

Even pressing A again will put the tracks back to normal. The buss will remain behind though and volume can still be adjusted. If you add Pan now it will show up when A is pressed to show automation. But not when tracks are normal. (i.e. not automation view) 

The track list can be expanded (very top left corner, those little horizontal lines) This buss can now be hidden or revealed at will. (both in mixer and arrange window though, so probably best left viewed) 

2017/12/27 11:18:44
igiwigi
NO SYS EX  SUPPORT
2017/12/27 12:14:42
synkrotron
igiwigi
NO SYS EX  SUPPORT

Why all the shouting?
2017/12/27 22:20:32
Jeff Evans
It is a good point. So far I have been able to do almost everything without it but then there is the odd situation where I wish it would handle SYSEX as well. Some synths can dump single patches or banks via SYSEX and reload that way too. One thing I loved about my old Yamaha TX816 rack.  (8 DX 7's in one box!!) And using Logic at the time. It could send single SYSEX patch dumps even in the middle of the music.

We can only hope that they might put it in at some point. 
2017/12/27 23:08:04
Tom B
A question sometimes arises about how to setup Studio One audio I/O with user-specified names. Here's how:

From Options (Ctrl+,) find "Audio I/O Setup", "Song Setup".  Or, right-click almost anywhere in the console view, and select "Audio I/O Setup".  In the Audio I/O dialog, fill-in the matrix which maps the audio I/O using names of your choice.  This creates an I/O setup for the current song. To make this I/O setup available for new songs, set "Make Default".

I haven't found a way to apply a new default I/O setup to a previous song. However, Audio I/O setup can be edited per song.

Edit: simplified wording in console view.
2017/12/28 00:35:35
Rasure
Jeff Evans
There is a way to make a buss visible on the main arrange page. While in the mixer, click on the buss. Click in that title area that says Auto OFF just above the buss name. Click on Add/remove parameters. Select Volume in the right pane and then click on ADD to the left of that.

The buss will now appear on the main arrange window. Press A to show the volume automation and at this point you will see a blue line. Buss volume can be adjusted here and automation can be recorded and viewed etc..Or simply left off allowing you to manually adjust buss level.

Even pressing A again will put the tracks back to normal. The buss will remain behind though and volume can still be adjusted. If you add Pan now it will show up when A is pressed to show automation. But not when tracks are normal. (i.e. not automation view) 

The track list can be expanded (very top left corner, those little horizontal lines) This buss can now be hidden or revealed at will. (both in mixer and arrange window though, so probably best left viewed) 

Grrrr my other post went missing after editing so have had to retype!

Thank you Jeff, that was very helpful. Managing to get my template set up, slowly but surely. Have used folders routed to busses, extra buss for Master, which is going to main out, can even add FX sends and keep them in relevant folder too. So far, so good. Thank you once again, much appreciated :-) 

2017/12/28 01:48:20
Rimshot
Jeff, thank you for doing such a great job helping here. Once the new users can get past the basics, lots of killer options are to be learned like Scratch Pad, Arranger tracks, Project, multi-instrument/EFX routing, etc. 
First things first.

2017/12/29 07:16:43
soens
Aim Assist, or cursor position coordinates.

EDIT:
Not the crosshair line but the position coordinates displayed at the top of it.
SO3's crosshair line doesn't include these.
I believe this feature request is what I'm talking about.

Even Mixcraft Edit window has this in the upper left corner, which I like better than floating with the cursor line where it covers up things I want to see.
2017/12/29 14:06:25
dcumpian
soens
Aim Assist, or cursor position coordinates.

It's coming down to little things like that. Even Mixcraft Edit window has this in the upper left corner, which I like better than floating with the cursor line where it covers up things.

This?

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210050343-Studio-One-3-Advanced-Options-Overview

Dan
2017/12/29 17:41:44
Magic Russ
Currently the biggest issue I have is that apparently a lot of my "Acid" files don't have tempo info in them.  As a result, some of these loops don't line up with my measures.  If I can guess the tempo from the filename or folder, I can set that in the imported loop.  However, if I don't know, I can't get the loops to line up correctly.

I haven't had this problem with REX files.  I suspect that unlike .wav files, the .rx2 format requires the tempo information to be stored.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account