• Software
  • What I miss so far in Studio One. (p.2)
2017/11/25 16:25:12
emeraldsoul
synkrotron
Unlike SONAR, Studio One does not play back a MIDI note from the middle of it. The MIDI note only plays of the song position is before the note when play back is started. This was a new addition to SONAR and I got kind of used to it because I use a lot of long notes.

R.U. Schittenme? Ah, the pain of not having the eternally lifetimely-updated Producer. Down here in lowly Sonar Artistland, which I bought years ago and never updated, our midi notes only play of you nail them from the beginning of the note.

I would have absolutely loved this feature and might have upgraded simply to get it!!! Oh, well. Maybe one day in Studio One.

Andy good luck, I know the "entrenched" feeling . . . I'm a goin' with S1, it seems pretty decent. You will make cool music wherever you go.

-Tom

2017/11/25 17:23:20
synkrotron
emeraldsoul

R.U. Schittenme? Ah, the pain of not having the eternally lifetimely-updated Producer. Down here in lowly Sonar Artistland, which I bought years ago and never updated, our midi notes only play of you nail them from the beginning of the note.

Aye Tom, and unless I'm missing something in Studio One...

I've been on it all day now, creating the usual poop, and I really quite like it, despite its foibles.

Not sure I'll bother with Projects, though, because I generally upload single WAV files to the usual places. It is nice in what it does though and if you used CD Architect before then you could probably ditch that and do everything in Studio One.

cheers

andy
2017/11/25 18:05:33
DeeringAmps
Just set up EZDrummer with multi outs, I know its more about "familiarity" than anything else,
BUT I'm not feeling the love!
8.5 was "great" in the day, but SO3 is too much like going backwards not forwards for me.
Wish Cubase had a proper trial version...

T
2017/11/25 23:42:08
dcumpian
2017/11/26 15:37:15
Jimbo21
Thanks for the link Dan. I just got SO3 and that was helpful for the other info there as well. Right now, the hardest thing to get used to is the start at now time that Sonar has. All I've found so far is Alt P that will start back at the selected place and you have to turn that off and on and click to a new place for playback to start and  again hit Alt P.

Hopefully there's something I'm missing here.
2017/11/27 01:38:07
dcumpian
Jimbo21
Thanks for the link Dan. I just got SO3 and that was helpful for the other info there as well. Right now, the hardest thing to get used to is the start at now time that Sonar has. All I've found so far is Alt P that will start back at the selected place and you have to turn that off and on and click to a new place for playback to start and  again hit Alt P.

Hopefully there's something I'm missing here.

You are missing reconfiguring your keyboard shortcuts. All of those things (like RTZ) are available commands. You just need to assign them to the keys you want to use. However, before you go crazy and reprogram something you might actually want once you get used to SO, on the keypad, press:

• KEYPAD ENTER = Starts Playback
  • KEYPAD * = Start Recording
  • KEYPAD + = Fast Forward (Add SHIFT to jump by measure)
  • KEYPAD - = Fast Rewind (Add SHIFT to jump by measure)
  • KEYPAD 0 = Stop Playback
  • Press KEYPAD 0 again to return to where playback started.
  • Press KEYPAD 0 a third time to RTZ.

It's pretty easy to get used to it. You can also download the free remote control app for iOS/Android tablets and all of those are buttons in the app...

Regards,
Dan

2017/12/04 09:14:23
synkrotron
synkrotron
Unlike SONAR, Studio One does not play back a MIDI note from the middle of it. The MIDI note only plays of the song position is before the note when play back is started. This was a new addition to SONAR and I got kind of used to it because I use a lot of long notes.

Hi Peeps,

Apologies are due for my quote above. Studio One will play long notes from any point on timeline.

Cheers

andy
2017/12/04 09:17:28
synkrotron
dcumpian
Well, according to this:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210050343-Studio-One-3-Advanced-Options-Overview

S1 does have Note Chase...

Dan

Sorry, Dan, I didn't check back in here so I didn't see your post.

I only found out by mistake this morning.

According to the manual chase long notes is enabled by default but, for some strange reason it wasn't on my setup. I think that is why I missed it.

Cheers

andy
2017/12/04 13:52:28
dcumpian
synkrotron
dcumpian
Well, according to this:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210050343-Studio-One-3-Advanced-Options-Overview

S1 does have Note Chase...

Dan

Sorry, Dan, I didn't check back in here so I didn't see your post.

I only found out by mistake this morning.

According to the manual chase long notes is enabled by default but, for some strange reason it wasn't on my setup. I think that is why I missed it.

Cheers

andy

The manual is wrong. It wasn't enabled on mine either.

Regards,
Dan
2017/12/04 16:58:57
Sylvan
I miss:

"Center View on Now Time"
Screen Sets
Mix Recall
Copy/Paste Special
Nudge from one track to another (pressing 2 or 8 on numeric keypad in SONAR)
Being able to set separate points for loop and punch. In S1, loop and punch share same selection only...
Track Templates
Ripple Editing (Does S1 have this? I haven't found it yet...)

I am sure I will discover more as I get deeper into it.

However on a positive note, I like the integration S1 has with the Faderport. I also like the colors and themes. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account