• Software
  • What I miss so far in Studio One. (p.7)
2017/12/10 17:12:56
danevaz
werewindle
Just completed drum map for SD3 (AD2 was already available) and will be uploading to presonus exchange in next few days, also working on some of the virtual instruments by Ample Sound.

Hi,

I'm demoing S13.5.4.  I can't find a mapping for AD2.  Could you please share where you found it/downloaded it from?
Thanks,

Danny V.
2017/12/10 17:52:43
Maarkr
Had to try it... dl'd the current version of S13.  
I started using Acid 2, i think it was '99, then moved to Acid Pro, Cubase (up to ver 4), Reason, Reaper, then Sonar.  After playing with it for a day or two, I noticed it was pretty snappy, loading my vsts etc.  I like to mess with loops, and it worked well with massaging them.  I liked the fact that I can drag a VSTi to the track and it loads right up.  Some things are intuitive, and others need learning for this software.  I liked the fact that there are many vids out there and my google search for any questions I had showed a solution.  I don't need an ultra-high-end DAW, but I want one that I can do pro-level in-depth editing, recording, rendering, midi editing, and run all of my plugs and instruments... I liked the project feature for mastering as well, altho I haven't tried it. 
I may bite the bullet and get it for backup, but I know that when I finally pull the trigger, Sonar will probably be resurrected in some form.
Sonar will prob stay my primary... I have tried Mixcraft (didn't like it so much), and haven't been able to load Samplitude.  Cubase is pro but too quirky for me.

I just noticed that JRR shop has the crossgrade to v3 for $126 U.S.  They want a screenshot of Sonar serial.  I tried to buy it but it would not process it.  Maybe they must approve the Sonar ownership before the sale?   or I've heard they are having internet issues.  And others have an upgrade to v3.5???? is that the latest?   
2017/12/11 01:40:17
Jeff Evans
RSMCGUITAR
Hey Jeff,
You seem like the resident expert on metering. I'm wondering your thoughts on the Presonus VU meter add-on?

Its OK and certainly worth downloading for free for sure.  There are a few things though. It only has -12 and -18 and -6 as the reference levels which is sort of OK but does not include the K System -14 and -20 ref levels. The ballistic is not great either and it does not move anything like a real VU meter or even the Waves VU which has one of the nicest ballistics around right now for a virtual plugin.

But the Presonus meter does open up in the track view which is rather good in fact. It gives you this nice little thumbnail and you can see it in the mixer.  There is a way to make it move close to the -14 ref level.  By selecting the -6 ref level and setting the sensitivity control to around 11 o clock.  What happens when you do this is the needle moves around and up to 0dB VU on a -14 ref music signal so it is sort of showing the correct level. But with a -14 dB FS sine wave line up tone however it will read something like -7 so it is not accurate in that mode.  There are plenty of other meters such as the Klanghelm and the Waves VU that will line up correctly with a sinewave ref level and show the right ballistic.

But for its ability to open in the mixer it is great for planting on tracks and buses etc and you can keep a good check of your music levels in those positions of your production. And see them real easy in the mixer.

Another great thing about all the Presonus stock plugins is that too. They can all open up into little thumbnails in the mixer and you can see enormous amounts of visual info on each track etc..

2017/12/11 19:06:25
werewindle
danevaz
werewindle
Just completed drum map for SD3 (AD2 was already available) and will be uploading to presonus exchange in next few days, also working on some of the virtual instruments by Ample Sound.

Hi,

I'm demoing S13.5.4.  I can't find a mapping for AD2.  Could you please share where you found it/downloaded it from?
Thanks,

Danny V.

Apologies missed this one
http://exchange.presonus.com/bae/showLogin.action

Once account set up just search for AD2
2017/12/11 20:35:48
danevaz
Thank You - found it!
2017/12/11 20:59:07
paulo
I've just spent an hour trying to "transform" (which I assume = freeze in sonar) an AD2 instrument track using midi clips from AD2 and every time once it is done there is no audio. It plays just fine beroehand, but will not "freeze". If I input extra midi notes via keyboard it "transforms" (hate that term) them but ignores the AD2 midi clips. Obviously I'm missing something........

I also can't figure out how to loop the AD2 midi clips (Ctrl+L in sonar) and drag them out for however long. All I was able to do was duplicate the clips several times along the track to achieve this but it seems like a very clunky way of doing it. Am I missing something else...?
2017/12/12 00:04:43
rj davis
I miss DIM SOLO, but will get over it, I guess.  I missed speed comping for a while, but came up with a workaround that is as fast, maybe faster...

2017/12/12 07:14:26
sonarman1
There is no Numeric peak meters in channels. plugins will only show prefader meter. Its really inconvenient, how do you balance the dry wet signals? I mean, if I do some processing and wanna bypass and try to hear the difference without any change in level, I usually see the peak value in the numeric meter in sonar and then if the peak value has increased to lets say a 1.6db I decrease the output of my plugins 1.6db. Its a bit hard to deal with without the numeric meter. 
2017/12/12 07:30:38
Jeff Evans
Just move the mouse cursor over the channel/track meter while the music plays and leave it there.  A numeric readout appears. 
Track/channel meters are post fader.  Pull the fader down to - inf and observe. No signal on the meter.
2017/12/12 07:38:13
sonarman1
I liked the fact that I can drag a VSTi to the track and it loads right up. 

Sonar could do the same(In the latest versions) additionally in sonar you could also just double click and the instrument loads right away. S1 doesnt do this. I find the double click more convenient than click and drag. 

Is there anything equal to sonar's plugin upsampling in S1?

Is there a way to place the bus channels to the right near to the master bus?

Also sonar's smart tool was much better. In midi editor the smart tool doesnt help in velocity editing, not a big deal but just that in sonar it was much better. 

Pressing SHIFT+F3 expands the console view yet wont show sends. This was also much better in Sonar while pressing SHIFT+D.

Not a big deal all these but just that it was much better in sonar although there are a few things which are much better in S1.

Another thing I noticed is selecting multiple tracks. You just click drag with mouse in Sonar to select multiple tracks. This is a pain in S1 you have to use Shift or Ctrl key.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account