• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.12)
2017/12/12 23:06:53
scook
About a day for the Independence library a few days ago. Don't think a bigger pipe would have made a difference, the files were not being served up very fast.
2017/12/13 03:39:30
Larry Jones
The Independence content download (70GB) took about three hours for me. My nominal speed is 50 Megs. I did it in the middle of the night -- unintentionally. Clicked "download" at midnight not knowing what to expect, ended up going to bed. In the morning I had a message that said something like "Download Successful." But the next day when I tried to use Independence in Samplitude, it asked to "install" the content. I told it to go ahead, and then it couldn't find the content on my PC. Neither could I, so I ended up downloading it again as part of the install. Haven't looked yet to see if I have an extra 70 gigs of stuff hiding somewhere.

All this (death of SONAR, everyone having time-limited sales) is happening while I'm finishing a project in SONAR, so I'm too scrambled to properly check out Mixcraft, Studio One and Samplitude, which are the only three I'm planning to look at. Leaning toward Samplitude because it seems to be the most comprehensive.
2017/12/14 04:33:03
michael diemer
OK, I downloaded the demo, got the 30 day gig. I'm exploring it using one of my orchestral pieces (imported the midi). I'm especially interested in the score view. I have it up, but it's in microscope mode, so to speak. Incredibly small. I have it expanded so it fills most of the page, and have the horizontal zoom set. But I can't get it to zoom vertically. The vertical zoom control only zooms the midi editor. (The horizontal control does zoom the score, so that is fine). Everything is really, really small. Anyone know how to deal with this? Thank you.

2017/12/14 05:07:43
scook
Try click-dragging the sash between the Matrix Editor (aka PRV) and the Score Editor Pane

2017/12/14 05:08:16
michael diemer
OK, I found a setting that was checked "automatic zoom." By unchecking it, I finally got it to zoom vertically.
2017/12/14 06:05:50
michael diemer
scook
Try click-dragging the sash between the Matrix Editor (aka PRV) and the Score Editor Pane

Yes, I did that. Basically, I now have a viewable score, but the notes are too big. Can't see how to fix that. I'm doubtful this is going to be practical for me. In general, Samplitude appears way too complex for my needs. Only Sonar and Reaper have a score editor that works for me. (I have already ruled out Cubase as well). I'm actually playing around with Sonar 8.5.3, my latest version. I find myself wishing I had upgraded, even to Artist or Pro...guess it's too late now. Which means it's probably Reaper. 8.5 is just too old. Too bad, it was a great DAW, I had the best workflow in it.
2017/12/14 12:29:12
bwbalint
In Samplittude what is the equivalent to ‘bounce’? Any particulars with it? And under what menu tree is that found?

Boy am I tired of reading new manuals and interpreting between the different DAWs.
2017/12/14 14:50:02
bitflipper
michael diemer

...8.5 is just too old. Too bad, it was a great DAW, I had the best workflow in it.

Me, too. One of the big positives for me with Samplitude is how similar its automation is to 8.5. 
2017/12/14 15:04:43
bitflipper
bwbalint
In Samplittude what is the equivalent to ‘bounce’? Any particulars with it? And under what menu tree is that found?

Boy am I tired of reading new manuals and interpreting between the different DAWs.

I do far more freezing than conventional bounces, and Samplitude does have freeze/unfreeze that's just as convenient as SONAR. You can also drag frozen audio to another track, something else I do often in SONAR.

The bounce dialog in Samplitude is under the Tools menu (Tools -> Track Bouncing).

Samplitude does something that I've only seen in one other DAW, which is the concept of "virtual" projects (VIPs). Basically, it's a project within a project. You can, for example, bounce your VIs into a new virtual sub-project and then work on them as if they'd been audio files all along. The VIP remains part of your main project, and you can switch back to the original at any time. (Caveat: I haven't actually used Samplitude yet!)

2017/12/14 15:27:07
M@
So this is a US promo.....could anyone who got the deal and downloaded be so kind and check/confirm that the software can be set to other (i.e. German) languages as well?
Thanks in advance

Edit: couldn't wait :)) ordered. Am looking forward to testing stability of this product.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account