• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.13)
2017/12/15 02:46:55
bwbalint
bitflipper
bwbalint
In Samplittude what is the equivalent to ‘bounce’? Any particulars with it? And under what menu tree is that found?

Boy am I tired of reading new manuals and interpreting between the different DAWs.

I do far more freezing than conventional bounces, and Samplitude does have freeze/unfreeze that's just as convenient as SONAR. You can also drag frozen audio to another track, something else I do often in SONAR.

The bounce dialog in Samplitude is under the Tools menu (Tools -> Track Bouncing).

Samplitude does something that I've only seen in one other DAW, which is the concept of "virtual" projects (VIPs). Basically, it's a project within a project. You can, for example, bounce your VIs into a new virtual sub-project and then work on them as if they'd been audio files all along. The VIP remains part of your main project, and you can switch back to the original at any time. (Caveat: I haven't actually used Samplitude yet!)

Thanks ! This helps. Looking at more Kraznet videos today.
2017/12/15 10:21:51
Geo524
Larry Jones
The Independence content download (70GB) took about three hours for me. My nominal speed is 50 Megs. I did it in the middle of the night -- unintentionally. Clicked "download" at midnight not knowing what to expect, ended up going to bed. In the morning I had a message that said something like "Download Successful." But the next day when I tried to use Independence in Samplitude, it asked to "install" the content. I told it to go ahead, and then it couldn't find the content on my PC. Neither could I, so I ended up downloading it again as part of the install. Haven't looked yet to see if I have an extra 70 gigs of stuff hiding somewhere.

The same thing happened to me.
2017/12/15 11:23:48
soens
bitflipper
The bounce dialog in Samplitude is under the Tools menu (Tools -> Track Bouncing).

I think that's Sonar's menu. Samplitude's is File->Track Bouncing. It has no "Tools" menu.

For clip bouncing:
Clips = Objects, which is rather confusing to me.
Clip bouncing = Freezing.
Bouncing several clips into one = Gluing objects.

Not nearly as simple as Sonar's right-click->Bounce to clips.

I just tried to open Sonar after closing Samplitude and Sonar crashes right after the splash screen shows.
2017/12/15 12:01:41
35mm
M@
So this is a US promo.....could anyone who got the deal and downloaded be so kind and check/confirm that the software can be set to other (i.e. German) languages as well?
Thanks in advance

Edit: couldn't wait :)) ordered. Am looking forward to testing stability of this product.

It's developed in Germany and Magix is a German company so there is lots of support for German and English speakers. The forums are in German and English too.

Stability; very stable for me so far. The audio engine is fantastic and very robust. I had an issue yesterday, posted it on the forum and another member identified it as a bug and reported it. Development seems to be very user orientated.
2017/12/15 15:27:03
Snehankur
Geo524
Larry Jones
The Independence content download (70GB) took about three hours for me. My nominal speed is 50 Megs. I did it in the middle of the night -- unintentionally. Clicked "download" at midnight not knowing what to expect, ended up going to bed. In the morning I had a message that said something like "Download Successful." But the next day when I tried to use Independence in Samplitude, it asked to "install" the content. I told it to go ahead, and then it couldn't find the content on my PC. Neither could I, so I ended up downloading it again as part of the install. Haven't looked yet to see if I have an extra 70 gigs of stuff hiding somewhere.

The same thing happened to me.

Which location its downloading to?
Regards
Snehankur
2017/12/15 16:24:06
jmasno5
I bought it.  What the hell.  I know I have use for SoundForge and I'm totally loving what SpectraLayers Pro is capable of doing.  Those two programs are worth the price of admission. 

I'm having a pair of work boots resoled for $50.  The guy has had them for 4 weeks and they're still not done.  So it was easy to justify $149 for what I'm getting.  And yes, I bought Studio One 3 for $126 a couple weeks ago.  When in your lifetime are you going to see that offer again?  You'll have to wait until another DAW you're using folds.

IMO - Buy it! :) 
2017/12/15 16:53:06
Snehankur
Does the serial no starts with P2 or P3
I have just bought its showing invalid serial no : starting with P2

2017/12/15 17:02:24
jmasno5
Snehankur
Does the serial no starts with P2 or P3
I have just bought its showing invalid serial no : starting with P2

P2  I have not tried to install.

2017/12/15 17:06:07
scook
P2 installed and registered OK
2017/12/15 17:19:35
bitflipper
soens
bitflipper

I think that's Sonar's menu. Samplitude's is File->Track Bouncing. It has no "Tools" menu.

Oops, you're right. It is under the File menu.

It's also nifty how you can bounce regions. You could do that in SONAR too, but not as easily. I often export snippets, such as a single drum hit, for use in a sampler or another project.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account