• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.14)
2017/12/15 20:57:42
jmasno5
I am unable to register any of the products (on the Website or in the programs) but was able to activate.   I've emailed tech support. I know there is an issue with two Magixs Websites.  I created a second account.  No go.

Anyone with the same issue? 

I don't know why that price was so cheap.  On the main site X3 alone is $399 yet the $149 deal seems to be legit.  I think this "unable to register" thing has me wondering... 
2017/12/15 21:18:07
scook
Here are the support links for US customers.
Samplitude and SpectraLayers registration uses the account created in the left most login button
SoundForge uses the right-most login button
2017/12/15 21:46:02
stevec
Question: has anyone downloaded but not installed any of these apps, and in particular, Vegas? 

2017/12/15 21:50:06
scook
Vegas is not part of the Samplitude Pro X3 Suite offer

Update: Picked up Vegas using this deal. Vegas works like other MAGIX software. There is a small program that downloads the Vegas installer and optionally runs it. Like other MAGIX products the full Vegas installer is cached in your "Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager"
2017/12/15 22:05:17
stevec
Ha!   Thanks, Steve, I completely missed that I was in the wrong thread.   

Now where is that "banging head on wall" emoticon...
2017/12/17 07:31:06
Larry Jones
Snehankur
Geo524
Larry Jones
The Independence content download (70GB) took about three hours for me. My nominal speed is 50 Megs. I did it in the middle of the night -- unintentionally. Clicked "download" at midnight not knowing what to expect, ended up going to bed. In the morning I had a message that said something like "Download Successful." But the next day when I tried to use Independence in Samplitude, it asked to "install" the content. I told it to go ahead, and then it couldn't find the content on my PC. Neither could I, so I ended up downloading it again as part of the install. Haven't looked yet to see if I have an extra 70 gigs of stuff hiding somewhere.
The same thing happened to me.

Which location its downloading to?
Regards
Snehankur

I downloaded to a custom location: D:\Downloads\Magix\Samplitude. But when it came time to install the content, the installer reported it could not find some file, I forget the name. I searched my download folder and I couldn't find it, either. 
2017/12/17 07:36:37
scook
I always use defaults. Then move the folders to my desired location and add directory junctions back to the defaults. Seems to be a reliable method.
2017/12/17 07:44:56
Larry Jones
scook
I always use defaults. Then move the folders to my desired location and add directory junctions back to the defaults. Seems to be a reliable method.

I need to start doing that. You posted instructions some time ago about making directory junctions. Could you point me to that post? Many thanks! (Haven't seen you on the Samplitude forum, but looking forward to it.)
2017/12/17 07:53:25
scook
The easiest way to find my posts about mklink is enter this in google:
site:forum.cakewalk.com scook mklink
I have also posted how to create junctions in powershell, search google for:
site:forum.cakewalk.com scook itemtype
There are quite a few examples in the threads. Note: by default Win10 only provides powershell but if mklink is preferable just enter cmd at the powershell prompt to enter the old DOS command shell.

If you have a specific case you need help with post the source and target folders and I will provide the syntax. Learning directory junctions is an extremely handy skill. There are tool graphical tools available on the net but the command line is easy and worth learning.
2017/12/17 14:07:09
SERecords
I have a question about Samp for those that have been using it. How does it compare to Sonar on CPU usage? I haven’t seen another DAW with plug in load balancing but I’m wondering if it’s because other DAWs don’t need it or have settings in them that accomplish the same thing. I essentially use soft synths (some of which are heavy on CPU) along with quite a few plug-in effects during mixing after I’ve frozen all of the synth tracks. I noticed a nice overall improvement for the most part when SPLAT implemented plugin load balancing and am hoping to find that other DAWs (particularly Samplitude with this great offer) won’t hiccup with my workflow.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account