• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.16)
2017/12/18 15:39:39
Mesh
mettelus
If you already have sample libraries, the Independence download may be underwhelming to you. I have not drilled into it very deeply, but did not find things I didn't already have and I do not use Kontakt. Biggest downfall is that 70GB is an all-or-nothing thing, no ability to pick and choose.

Definitely download at night and go away from the computer. I found that just using the computer starts to throttle it (even with no other internet usage). It came up full throttle for me at 2AM EST, but before that was choked to around 200KB/sec.

Thanks mettelus. I haven't bought Samplitube yet (tomorrow), but was wondering about this huge library. I most likely won't install it.
 I'm planning on getting the DVD's when purchasing.....hopefully, that's still an available option for US customers.
2017/12/18 17:11:28
Glyn Barnes
What about authorization? After Magix took over Yellowtools re-authorization of my legacy version of Independence Pro was a real pain. So much so I finally abandoned the program after updating to Win 10. I think these issues only related to the legacy versions but it puts me off.

The deal is tempting, particularly for Soundforge (I have just got Cubase so I am not really in the market for yet another DAW) but I am wary.
2017/12/18 17:35:42
scook
There is no authorization for Independence. It is locked to Samplitude.
2017/12/18 17:39:38
Glyn Barnes
scook
There is no authorization for Independence. It is locked to Samplitude.

But what about the authorization of Samplitude its self? Presumably its reasonably straight forward.

Another quick question, does the version of Independence that's in Samplitube work in other DAWs.  It would be nice to have access to the Candy Saxophones again.
2017/12/18 17:50:27
scook
Samplitude authorization was simple enough. The strange part is the two different accounts needed to register. One for SoundForge (MAGIX Consumer side) and the other for Samplitude and SpectraLayers (MAGIX Pro Audio side).

As mentioned above, all plug-ins including Independence are locked to Samplitude.
2017/12/18 18:21:50
Beagle
Mesh
mettelus
If you already have sample libraries, the Independence download may be underwhelming to you. I have not drilled into it very deeply, but did not find things I didn't already have and I do not use Kontakt. Biggest downfall is that 70GB is an all-or-nothing thing, no ability to pick and choose.

Definitely download at night and go away from the computer. I found that just using the computer starts to throttle it (even with no other internet usage). It came up full throttle for me at 2AM EST, but before that was choked to around 200KB/sec.

Thanks mettelus. I haven't bought Samplitube yet (tomorrow), but was wondering about this huge library. I most likely won't install it.
 I'm planning on getting the DVD's when purchasing.....hopefully, that's still an available option for US customers.

I bought Sam Suite last night and I tried to find a way to make the option of getting the DVDs available but it was not available to me.  I had to go with download only.
2017/12/18 18:25:55
Leadfoot
I'm trying to purchase the deal right now. It's not accepting my debit card or my credit card for payment. It keeps saying that there's an error. I tried calling support, and they just said that all reps were busy and to call back later. Can anyone help?
2017/12/18 18:28:49
Mesh
Beagle

I bought Sam Suite last night and I tried to find a way to make the option of getting the DVDs available but it was not available to me.  I had to go with download only.

I figured that might be the case (they probably ran out of DVD's at the start of this sale) . My internet connection is very good, but still that's a lot of content.

Thanks Beags!
2017/12/18 19:03:37
Ruben
Leadfoot
I'm trying to purchase the deal right now. It's not accepting my debit card or my credit card for payment. It keeps saying that there's an error. I tried calling support, and they just said that all reps were busy and to call back later. Can anyone help?

You might try posting this request for help on the official Samplitude forum:

http://support2.magix.net/boards/samplitude/index.php?/forum/1-samplitude-software-related-topics-english/

There would be more of a chance to get help there.

2017/12/18 20:05:25
Leadfoot
Thanks!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account