• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.17)
2017/12/19 06:26:31
Rbh
Mesh
Is it even worth to download Independence and it's library? I've read that it's not even close (sound wise) to the quality of Kontakt instruments/libraries/NI's Komplete etc (which I have)... I also have SampleTank 3 with about an 80GB library which I rarely use.

Just wondering what you guys think of the quality of sounds/instruments in Independence?   

The full 70 Gig library is a very good quality sample set in my opinion. There are a lot of ethnic percussion in the Culture sample set - and most of the instruments are pretty deeply sampled and the recordings are really well done ( not over hyped). The Candy library is a deep sampled sax set. The basses are very good with lots of articulations. I happen to really like the Piano  -  the samples are pretty good - but they use a really good method of tying the velocity to filter and it brings out details in quiet notes. Really nice Classical guitar and FM style Rhodes. Really good acoustic drums and orchestral percussion + Basic strings and brass ( Kirk hunter ) library if I understand correctly. I think it kicks Kontakts' butt as far as NI factory sound library? .... it doesn't come anywhere close to comparing with Independence.  The difficulty is that you need to learn how to manipulate the sampler if you want to customize patches using stacks ( layers) from different instruments samples. Its all there, but it isn't easy or intuitive for me.
2017/12/19 22:24:40
InstrEd
Well I took the plunge too. See where it leads me.
2017/12/19 22:53:17
Ruben
InstrEd
Well I took the plunge too. See where it leads me.

For starters, it should lead you to sign up here: http://support2.magix.net/boards/samplitude/

2017/12/19 22:59:34
InstrEd
Already signed up and was lurking
See some members from here there also.
Kraznet's videos are really nice to see the program in action. Nice and concise.

I like to try MOTU DP9.5 for the upgrade price to, but no time to demo it and sale ends Dec 21 :(

2017/12/19 23:15:15
Ruben
InstrEd
Already signed up and was lurking
See some members from here there also.
Kraznet's videos are really nice to see the program in action. Nice and concise.

Kraznet is like a uber-guru/monster with Samp.

InstrEd
I like to try MOTU DP9.5 for the upgrade price to, but no time to demo it and sale ends Dec 21 :(

I've never used Digital Performer but I've heard lots of good things about it. $195 seems like a good price.
2017/12/20 12:45:50
Snehankur
scook
Independence is installed from the Samplitude Help menu "Download Instrument & sounds"
Once installed, run Independence to get the option to install the 70GB library.

Samplitude - Help - Download Instruments & Sounds contains:
ObjectSynth & Vita-Groups
No Independence.
What to do?
Regards
Snehankur

Edit: I haven't registered yet. Running trial - 6 days to go.
2017/12/20 17:51:15
Beagle
Snehankur
scook
Independence is installed from the Samplitude Help menu "Download Instrument & sounds"
Once installed, run Independence to get the option to install the 70GB library.

Samplitude - Help - Download Instruments & Sounds contains:
ObjectSynth & Vita-Groups
No Independence.
What to do?
Regards
Snehankur

Edit: I haven't registered yet. Running trial - 6 days to go.

the trial version does not include Independence.
2017/12/20 23:40:34
ZincTrumpet
Ok I would like to download the Independence instrument set to my sample drive (plus I don't have 70Gb free on my C drive anyway).

Is there any way to tell Independence to download it to a specific location? I watched a Kraznet video but it only showed how to point Independence to a library once it had been downloaded.
2017/12/21 00:33:42
bodhi65
I just purchased, great deal and I look forward to learning something new.
Alan
2017/12/21 01:24:29
S.L.I.P.
ZincTrumpet
Ok I would like to download the Independence instrument set to my sample drive (plus I don't have 70Gb free on my C drive anyway).

Is there any way to tell Independence to download it to a specific location? I watched a Kraznet video but it only showed how to point Independence to a library once it had been downloaded.

Yes. I'm trying to think. The past few days are a blur with all of the downloads, but what I think I did was create a folder on my Samples drive. When I started Independence in Samplitude it asked if you wanted to download the samples. When I said, OK, I believe it gave me an option to point it to the folder I created on my Samples drive. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account