• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.18)
2017/12/21 01:31:25
JohnoL
I just got melodyne 4 studio. Is using this with samplitude the same as with sonar? That is, in Sonar I didn't install the melodyne that came with sonar since the version I had was melodyne editor.
2017/12/21 02:01:17
S.L.I.P.
JohnoL
I just got melodyne 4 studio. Is using this with samplitude the same as with sonar? That is, in Sonar I didn't install the melodyne that came with sonar since the version I had was melodyne editor.

Yes, I also have Melodyne 4 Studio, so I did not install the Melodyne version that comes with Samplitude, and Melodyne 4 studio is showing inside of Samplitude, and working perfectly. 
2017/12/21 02:11:14
scook
With Reaper adding ARA, there may be a market for the extra Melodyne licenses.
2017/12/21 02:29:49
stevec
Not having the funds for this really sucks.

But what sucks more is y'all twisting my arm and forcing me to make that purchase. 

It looks like I'll be slowly making my way thru a new DAW, and given the audience in this particular thread, I'll be in good company.

2017/12/21 06:17:45
mettelus
ZincTrumpet
Ok I would like to download the Independence instrument set to my sample drive (plus I don't have 70Gb free on my C drive anyway).

Is there any way to tell Independence to download it to a specific location? I watched a Kraznet video but it only showed how to point Independence to a library once it had been downloaded.

I downloaded first, then moved the entire Independence Libraries folder and made a junction with this:

mklink /j "C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries" "E:\MAGIX\Independence Libraries"
pause

You could make that junction before you start the download and the installer will be none the wiser.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries is the default install path and must not exist to make the junction.
E:\MAGIX\Independence Libraries is the path I used for the library (can choose whatever suits you) and just needs an empty directory there to make the junction

You can edit the bold text above as it suits you in notepad, save it, rename it from *.txt to *.bat, then right click and run as administrator.
2017/12/21 12:30:51
ZincTrumpet
S.L.I.P.
ZincTrumpet
Ok I would like to download the Independence instrument set to my sample drive (plus I don't have 70Gb free on my C drive anyway).

Is there any way to tell Independence to download it to a specific location? I watched a Kraznet video but it only showed how to point Independence to a library once it had been downloaded.

Yes. I'm trying to think. The past few days are a blur with all of the downloads, but what I think I did was create a folder on my Samples drive. When I started Independence in Samplitude it asked if you wanted to download the samples. When I said, OK, I believe it gave me an option to point it to the folder I created on my Samples drive. 

Thanks for this S.L.I.P.  I have now tried this and it kind of works but the folder selection algorithm is a bit buggy...

I created a folder called H:\MAGIX\Independence Libraries\Independence Pro  (the default was C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries\Independence Pro) but after choosing that from the installer it showed as H:\MAGIX\Independence Libraries\Independence Pro\MAGIX\Independence Libraries\Independence Pro (i.e. the name repeated)! So I thought it might need to create the folder itself, deleted my own folder, and pointed it to H:\ instead but this caused it to crash.

In the end I created an H:\MAGIX folder and it was then happy to create and use this but insisted on creating a \MAGIX\Independence Libraries\Independence Pro sub-folder hierarchy below this (doh!).

It is now downloading the content to this folder (10 hours left on the download timer).

mettelus
ZincTrumpet
{snip}

I downloaded first, then moved the entire Independence Libraries folder and made a junction with this:

mklink /j "C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries" "E:\MAGIX\Independence Libraries"
pause

You could make that junction before you start the download and the installer will be none the wiser.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Independence Libraries is the default install path and must not exist to make the junction.
E:\MAGIX\Independence Libraries is the path I used for the library (can choose whatever suits you) and just needs an empty directory there to make the junction

You can edit the bold text above as it suits you in notepad, save it, rename it from *.txt to *.bat, then right click and run as administrator.

Thanks Mettelus for you help.Hopefully the above seems to be working but I will keep this in mind for other scenarios.

2017/12/21 13:33:42
bwbalint
There is perhaps a little less participation on the Samplitude forum. So here is a question:

In Independence how do I add one or more of the many sounds to the ‘My Favorites’ tab that you see in the browser ? I read through the manual, but I couldn’t find where this was mentioned.

I am sure more questions to come.

Thanks.
2017/12/21 13:36:54
ZincTrumpet
bwbalint
There is perhaps a little less participation on the Samplitude forum. So here is a question:

In Independence how do I add one or more of the many sounds to the ‘My Favorites’ tab that you see in the browser ? I read through the manual, but I couldn’t find where this was mentioned.

I am sure more questions to come.

Thanks.

If you click on the blue "01 click here to load an instrument" area the 4th option from the top is "save to my favourites"
2017/12/21 14:16:21
Mesh
I briefly used Samplitude yesterday and do like it....just figuring out where everything is and where to put stuff (projects, downloads etc...) was half the battle.

Interestingly, I noticed a lot of the Soar bundled VST's were available in Samplitude....the only one I tested out was Session Drummer and it worked. I thought these Cake VST's were exclusive to Sonar no? (still, I'm glad I can use them). 

2017/12/21 14:35:44
scook
Practically all the bundled plug-ins in SONAR are unlocked. Only the third party stuff is locked. The one Cakewalk made plug-in that is locked to SONAR is Adaptive Limiter.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account