• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.20)
2017/12/24 04:22:11
BENT
Thank You!!! 
As always you are ever so helpful
I'm such a dumb-ass
2017/12/24 04:24:56
BENT
I take it you meant "Sound Forge" and not "SourceForge" 

2017/12/24 05:00:54
scook
Yea, SoundForge.
2017/12/24 05:56:44
djwayne
I absolutely love the iZotope stuff in Sound Forge....just that alone makes this bundle worthwhile.
2017/12/24 09:46:02
burgerproduction
a quick question. Is this an upgrade deal, ie you need to have an older version of sound forge it samplitude, or can anyone get it?
2017/12/24 12:17:50
djwayne
No it's not an upgrade, it's a full version.

I have Soundforge which was originally written by Sonic Foundry, then sold to Sony, and then sold to Magix. I bought a couple upgrades while Sony had it, but found I was wasting my money. Now I get bombarded by Magix to upgrade to their incarnation of it, but frankly I don't want software that was written by someone else long ago, and bought later by someone else. Sonar and Cakewalk are pretty good examples of that food chain IMHO.

I won't mention what I am spending my money on, since this thread is about something else, but the original authors of the software are still involved in the current development of it, and for me anyway, that makes a big difference YMMV.

In 1998 Samplitude 2496 was released, at the time owned by German audio company SEK'D (formerly Hohner Midia) ...  "in June 1999 after which SEK'D sold the Samplitude line to MAGIX"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magix_Samplitude
2017/12/24 18:28:46
djwayne
I've been using "Magix's Incarnation" of Sound Forge all week and find it to be a wonderful program, not much different that the original version.....with the inclusion of the iZotope stuff, it's great !!
2017/12/24 18:49:28
yummay
Wow ... I might just get this to update my SF (and get Spectral layers, that looks interesting)... I've had SF for years and still like it. As for the DAW, I might still go with Reaper... i'll see...

I'm looking for the most efficient audio engine, (especially regarding clip / events FX processing). In Sonar, clip effects were always taxing the CPU (even if the playhead was not reading the said clip)... therefore, requesting unnecessary CPU ressources. I think that Samplitude is better at this (I'm gonna have a look at that for Reaper as well...) Can anybody confirm about this here?

Other thing very interesting about Reaper is that when you mute a track, stress on the CPU is being lightened. Is it the same in Samplitude?
2017/12/24 19:15:35
scook
yummay
Other thing very interesting about Reaper is that when you mute a track, stress on the CPU is being lightened. Is it the same in Samplitude?

Yes, here is the performance options setup page (w/ default settings)

It is also possible to designate individual tracks as "Economy Tracks" which lower CPU load by processing them with a larger buffer during playback.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account