• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.4)
2017/12/03 05:31:49
djwayne
Thanks....Sound Forge is a very cool program and easy to use once you learn....it's a great editing tool for audio. It even has time stretching to help make your music fit commercial time restraints. One thing that impressed me was how well it displayed all my Wave Plug-Ins. All in one spot for easy access//// yay !!!! It's very professional software !!!!
2017/12/03 07:16:01
Larry Jones
Wish I'd known about this a few days ago. My budget is spent. I don't know from Samplitude, but $149 for Sound Forge is worth it right there.
2017/12/03 07:51:22
GregRband
Ok guys, I feel lame to have to ask... but what is so great about Sound Forge above and beyond what modern day daws can do, and how they do it? Can't Samplitude Pro X3 do all the same editing that Sound Forge can? I opened it up and tried to get some stuff going without reading a manual, and it didn't seem to user friendly or extra special, but I'm no pro editing guy either, so maybe I just don't get what I don't get. :)
2017/12/03 08:24:49
TheSteven
This has ARA support and comes with Orangevocoder ME?
Are the included plugins tied to Samplitude Pro?
2017/12/03 09:33:43
ERufian
>what is so great about Sound Forge above and beyond what modern day daws can do?

It's not a DAW it's an audio editor. You can easily do low-level editing of one track, e.g., smoothing out single peaks in a waveform that was clipped, or cutting exactly at a zero-crossing.

It also includes very effective processing and effects, like noise reduction based on a captured noise print, volume maximization (called "wave hammer", I particularly like it for processing spoken word audio files), convolution reverb and time stretching. Effects can be previewed in real time before applying them (instead of having to spend time on duplicating the track and applying the effect before I can listen to the results).

It used to include CD Architect for controlling every detail of producing an audio CD. It also has batch processing of files (very useful e.g., if you have multiple files where you'd like to apply an Fx chain and then convert to a different format)

For me, whenever I found a low-level operation hard to do in a DAW, I just exported the track, tweaked it in SF, and re-imported it into the DAW

(these are just the qualities in SF that I've liked for years, others probably see different advantages in it).

I already purchased and installed this, I can now answer my own earlier question about the dongle: It applies only to Samplitude and it is not required. Saving the license to a Wibu dongle is offered as an optional alternative instead of authorizing the machine (note that iLok or eLicenser won't work, only Wibu)
2017/12/03 10:26:04
djwayne
About Sound Forge-yes it's a dedicated audio editor. It will replace my Adobe Audition program, Audition is still being developed but is only accessible with a monthly fee. Boooooo !!! Sound Forge may look old school, but it is powerful and solid as a rock. You can trim up a recording in just seconds. You can use it to polish off a track to a finished stage. It's a specialized format that magnifies the track and allows you to add effects or plug-ins and focus on that. After you've used it for a while, you don't want to edit in a recording program, it's just much easier in a dedicated audio editor, because you have all the proper tools to do a professional grade polish on your track. Would you go to a barber who only used garden shears on your haircut ?? Of course not, you want the barber to use professional grade tools to get a nice looking finished haircut. The same thing applies to audio editing in getting a quality finished product. 
2017/12/03 10:45:52
jpetersen
bwbalint
click on the link above: (or here, as I copied it.)  there will be a 'Purchase Now' link on the top of that page.  Pull out a Credit Card, and away you go.  you may need to register on the Magix page, or there is a tab to 'Purchase/buy as guest.'  You will have an option for download or mail.  There was no additional cost for mail delivery that I saw in the final invoice.  

http://www.magix.com/inde...m_campaign=US_48_spsut

I see a green Buy Now button at the bottom of the page.
I get as far as the page with the Register now and Order as guest buttons, but neither do anything.
Probably browser specific stuff. Bummer.
2017/12/03 12:59:35
bwbalint
I think for me Explorer sat there twiddling. I copied and pasted the clip into Chrome and it went very smoothly. You might try a different browser. Sometimes there are things that Explorer won’t execute, but Chrome does. I don’t use Firefox much.
2017/12/03 16:11:37
GregRband
I used Firefox on my Win 10 pc to buy the deal, no problems that way for me.
2017/12/03 16:18:13
GregRband
ERufian
>what is so great about Sound Forge above and beyond what modern day daws can do?

It's not a DAW it's an audio editor. You can easily do low-level editing of one track, e.g., smoothing out single peaks in a waveform that was clipped, or cutting exactly at a zero-crossing.

It also includes very effective processing and effects, like noise reduction based on a captured noise print, volume maximization (called "wave hammer", I particularly like it for processing spoken word audio files), convolution reverb and time stretching. Effects can be previewed in real time before applying them (instead of having to spend time on duplicating the track and applying the effect before I can listen to the results).

It used to include CD Architect for controlling every detail of producing an audio CD. It also has batch processing of files (very useful e.g., if you have multiple files where you'd like to apply an Fx chain and then convert to a different format)

For me, whenever I found a low-level operation hard to do in a DAW, I just exported the track, tweaked it in SF, and re-imported it into the DAW

(these are just the qualities in SF that I've liked for years, others probably see different advantages in it).

I already purchased and installed this, I can now answer my own earlier question about the dongle: It applies only to Samplitude and it is not required. Saving the license to a Wibu dongle is offered as an optional alternative instead of authorizing the machine (note that iLok or eLicenser won't work, only Wibu)

Thanks for SFP11 info. I’m just not used to such things and reminds me of Windows XP is all, lol.
Not saying it isn’t great and useful. At first glance not sure if it has any value for me, but it was free. No harm in seeing if I need or understand it better moving fwd.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account