• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.7)
2017/12/06 07:17:23
TheSteven
I've used Independence Pro in a number of tracks.  Some nice Acoustic guitars in there.
2017/12/06 17:48:51
stevethompson
I'm in for this, seems like a really great deal. I already have SF11, been using SF through the Sonic Foundry/SONY days, great tool. I'd been wanting to check out Spectral Layers as well. I was hoping to be able to use audio tools on both Mac/PC, at first look it appears SLP may be the only piece of this suite that allows that. I probably can upgrade one of the SF11 PC versions to the latest Mac version easily enough. 

I do have other current cross-platform DAWs already but have not been able to bond with them as much as Sonar. 
I will have to try Cubase as well as Samplitude, one may work out. Glad that offer isn't as time-sensitive :)

2017/12/06 18:44:37
rsinger
Does Independence Pro let you select the installation location? If I can install it on an SSD other than C: I'll give it a try.
2017/12/06 19:04:24
Larry Jones
I am burned out on testing new DAWs, and I haven't done nearly as much as some of you. I bought Studio One and Samplitude and I'm going to stop now. My guess (based on reading these forums) is that about half of all SONAR users who are moving on are going to S1, with all other DAWs making up the other half. It makes sense to me, as in my testing I felt that S1 was the easiest to learn, although I can't imagine why anyone thinks it's similar to SONAR. Originally I thought I would install it and learn it gradually but keep doing my main work in SONAR, but I abandoned my first test song because I guess I'm just not ready to change my workflow yet. I know where everything is in SONAR, all the shortcuts, etc. and I can't keep two whole sets of information side by side in my head and still get anything creative going.

Samplitude is a different matter. It does not even pretend to be user friendly. The interface is festooned with so many buttons, links, tabs, menus and hidden functions that at first my eyes glazed over. This should have sent me running, but somehow it appeals to my inner geek. I have the feeling this is a very powerful program, and I want to tame it (and the Suite comes with some great-sounding effects and instruments). When I worked in real-world hardware-based studios it was part of the fun to sit down at a ten foot long board and amaze the clients with my knowledge. I never told them that most big mixers are really just one strip repeated fifty times.

Along those lines, I think our beloved SONAR itself is pretty geeky. Many of us here have used it for so long that we don't notice how complex it has become. If I were a Studio One user and they went out of business, I'd probably look at SONAR and say "It looks powerful, but how does anybody get anything done in such a complicated program?"
2017/12/06 19:26:11
Resonant Serpent
I used Samplitude for a short while 15 years ago. I was already thinking about upgrading my Sound Forge for a couple of months now. For this price, it's an absolute steal for all these programs. Been using Samplitude all morning, and it's really solid. Excellent functions. I didn't know how far it had come and I love it. Buttons in front of me on tool bars just like I had in Sonar 8.5.3, but so much more functionality. This could be my new favorite. 
2017/12/06 19:40:14
djwayne
I got my package from Magix....12dvd's in an envelope. Sound Forge demo was already installed so all I had to do was activate it. The Samplitude 3 demo was also installed but wouldn't take the activation code, so I uninstalled the demo, reinstalled from the disk, activated and registered the program with no problem....the demo song played perfectly.....another fine program !!!!!
2017/12/06 19:41:20
JohnEgan
Says price only valid until today Dec 06 
2017/12/06 19:49:02
Primetime
Samplitude please extend this sale for one more week...

2017/12/06 19:54:39
djwayne
Reg price is $399 for just Samplitude or Sound Forge
2017/12/06 20:19:50
JohnEgan
What may be a bonus to some of us they indicate below, (I have some visual impairment)

"We have integrated new features to the latest version of Samplitude Pro X3 and Sequoia 13 to assist blind and visually impaired users in using the software to its fullest potential."

GregRband
jodysimkins
I bought this deal and did not seem to get the Spectral Layers Pro 4. I only show the main program and sound forge. Did I miss something?

Should all be listed with keys and links to load in email from Magix, or Magix Computer Products. If not, contact support pronto!

Im not seeing Sound Forge  but see Spectral Layers, showing as in list of included items in proceeding through purchase process, just waiting to hit "Submit" to buy it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account