• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 - SpectraLayers Pro4, Soundforge Pro 11, iZotope... (p.9)
2017/12/07 02:20:10
GregRband
bwbalint
GregRband
bwbalint
djwayne
I got my package from Magix....12dvd's in an envelope. Sound Forge demo was already installed so all I had to do was activate it. The Samplitude 3 demo was also installed but wouldn't take the activation code, so I uninstalled the demo, reinstalled from the disk, activated and registered the program with no problem....the demo song played perfectly.....another fine program !!!!!

So I just received the MAGIX package.  Samplitude installs easily, as does Spectral Layers PRO 4.  Some hang up when installing Sound Forge PRO11, and it appears to be when scanning the few Waves plugins that I have.  I just ignored the 'Crash' box, and let the scan finish.  I will see how it runs next time.

Questions, what do I do with the multiple DVD's entitled "Independence Content Library 1 through 9?  I looked at the first 2 DVD's and there was NO installation file of any sort.  It almost appears, a program disc was left out?  Any thoughts or explanations are most appreciated!

thanks,
Bart

Congrats on the new stuff!
Independence disks are for 70gb of included samples. Open Samplitude, assign Independence to a track, and an install pop up opens asking if you want to install now, then by disk or online. You get to choose disk obviously, and should go WAY quicker than online download.
Have fun!

Thanks for the very quick response.  Sound Forge PRO 11 opens just fine, but I did exclude those couple of wave plugins, as I don't really need them there.  As I open Samplitude, there was an update, so when that completes I will go with your information, especially the 'Have fun!' part.  that is the whole point of all of this!

thanks,

Bart

I am with you on that Bart. Mine is just finishing all the downloading.
Don’t forget to sign up at the forums and any questions will more than likely be met by Kraznet (Magix and YouTube). A very nice and helpful guy. Your products will be split between consumer site and pro audio site, both having forums. I signed up for both myself. Tell him I sent ya! And don’t forget to say hi once there!
Cheers!
2017/12/07 03:17:22
JohnEgan
azslow3
I had only one reason to not take this "insane" deal... but the reason with good timing.
Something keep me from taking such "insane" deals.

I hear ya, usually when something sounds to good to be true, it usually isn't, like lifetime updates, fool me once, fool me twice..., I guess you pay your money and you take your chances, while its not a big cost, Id would have liked some time to demo it. 
2017/12/07 04:19:32
djwayne

Those iZotope Mastering plug-ins in Sound Forge are AWESOOOOOOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017/12/07 05:20:45
35mm
JohnEgan
azslow3
I had only one reason to not take this "insane" deal... but the reason with good timing.
Something keep me from taking such "insane" deals.

I hear ya, usually when something sounds to good to be true, it usually isn't, like lifetime updates, fool me once, fool me twice..., I guess you pay your money and you take your chances, while its not a big cost, Id would have liked some time to demo it. 

They are working an update at the moment and apparently taking on more developers, so I think it's a fairly safe bet.
2017/12/07 05:29:17
35mm
I'll be seeing some of you in the Samplitude forum then. By the way, there is a Samplitude forum in the Magix community section, but they also have a dedicated Samplitude and Sequoia forum which is much better.

I am loving Samplitude. I bought Studio One first before I heard about the deal. I wish I hadn't. It's a pile of pants in comparison.

If you don't have a superfast internet connection order the DVDs. The downloads took ages!

2017/12/07 05:56:52
Rbh
rsinger
Does Independence Pro let you select the installation location? If I can install it on an SSD other than C: I'll give it a try.

Yes you can set a samples path. It used to be set-up via links to the samples drive. It's been a while since I installed - so follow the magix install info. There's a Kraznet Youtube that makes it very clear and straight forward.
One extremely powerful and cool thing to note about Independence - you can use it to host other softsynths to do true synth stacks. It does not seem to work with multitimbral synths - but those with simple stereo outs work great. It's amazing to couple something like NI FM-7 for example with really good quality acoustic samples in INDE. Inde is a pretty deep sample / synth engine. Really good quality effects as well.
2017/12/07 18:14:26
rsinger
Great, thanks.
2017/12/07 20:13:28
Jeff Evans
35mm
I am loving Samplitude. I bought Studio One first before I heard about the deal. I wish I hadn't. It's a pile of pants in comparison.

Opinion only definitely not fact.  It is fully fledged DAW that is excellent to use and capable of producing as fine as quality result as any other DAW.  In fact midi wise after looking into things Samplitude may not be for those who are into using external midi hardware and rely on a solid and well featured midi side for their method of creating music.
That has been mentioned before.  There are plenty other great audio biased DAW's out there such as Nuendo for example.  But you can see where Cubase for example might fit into other peoples workflow compared to Nuendo say. They are different and do different things.

Studio One is strong and powerful in both audio and midi operations.  It all basically comes down to who is driving it and how much they know about it.  Samplitude is also a fine DAW for sure.  But for someone who has used Studio One for a while and knows it well, switching to Samplitude would not necessarily be a smart decision.  I see no reason for example to change to it.  Just another learning curve to basically do what I am doing right now.  And in some areas probably not as well. You guys though have a real need so I understand why it would be a great choice.  Do some deep research though before just jumping on no brainer deals. 

If you buy too many DAW's, you will end up with a bunch of them that you won't use and in the end you will probably be using one for almost everything, which you can do of course. 

2017/12/07 20:37:21
djwayne
I bought into a bunch of DAW's so that I could see what they were like and how well they worked with my computer, midi keyboard, USB interface, dual monitors etc....this was the only way to determine what was best for my system. The easiest solution was Mixcraft Pro 8 and Sound Forge for editing. This combination will take care of my needs for quite a while. I love the easy work flow, I love the final mix I'm getting, I love how well my plug-ins work.......I love how it looks on my monitors.....yes I spent a lot for the luxury of comparing different DAWS, and some will sit unused, but in the end it's worth it because I have a setup that works very well for me. As they say, the cream will rise to the top. 
2017/12/08 00:20:02
subtlearts
35mm

It's really interesting. I had the opposite experience. I have had a strange bus against Studio One for a while now, I tried to get into it a few years back but found it opaque, and I have a friend who rates Samplitude pretty highly so when I saw the deal I installed the demo. I really wanted and tried to like it but while I could see the depth and quality of it, it ran like crap on my system and felt sluggish, whereas Studio One was quick and responsive and all of a sudden I was leaning in that direction. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on S1 when I saw the thread about Reaper and thought, yeah, you know, I have always had a soft spot for the Punk DAW, I shouldd give it another look... And suddenly, at the end of a long process of trying to settle on where I might hang my hat now that Sonar is going belly up... I am pretty sure it's going to be Reaper for me. YMMV but seriously, it's pretty incredible what that 11mB install delivers!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account