• Software
  • Sonar alternatives more in-depth (p.6)
2017/12/29 04:44:29
mkerl
Wrong Mindset. Don't stuck with your old DAW. Allow yourself to discover the capabilities of a new DAW. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
2017/12/29 07:16:02
Jeff Evans
I did some detective work and it seems Studio One X is off the map now.  It was all happening a while back and people were downloading and installing but now it seems to have disappeared. Maybe Presonus was not too happy about it, not sure. Hopefully they took some of the ideas and have implemented them. 
2017/12/29 08:49:28
tenfoot
Jeff Evans
I did some detective work and it seems Studio One X is off the map now.  It was all happening a while back and people were downloading and installing but now it seems to have disappeared. Maybe Presonus was not too happy about it, not sure. Hopefully they took some of the ideas and have implemented them. 

Thanks for the info Jeff. Fingers crossed that they didn't want the thunder of their new v4 midi features stolen:)
2017/12/29 10:16:26
whitealbum
Hi chris.r,
just send you the BIG answer list for Cubase 9.5 Pro to your questions.
Hope it helps you :)
2017/12/29 14:01:14
dcumpian
Tenfoot/Jeff,

I would say that Studio One covers 90% of your midi needs if you are primarily ITB. The missing 10% can be covered by adding a plugin (for step sequencing, if you are into that sort of thing) or doing without (Cubase expression maps). We didn't have expression maps in Sonar and we did just fine.

If you have external synths, then it is very convenient to be able to access and control them using all of their parameters, and Cakewalk made this very easy through Instrument Definitions. I don't know what other DAW can do this in a similar manner, with the same functionality. Perhaps Cubase?

On the other hand, if you can do what you need in Studio One, it is a whole lot more streamlined to use than Cubase. In the long run, and in daily use, that counts for a lot in my book.

Regards,
Dan

2017/12/29 15:49:57
Jim Roseberry
Jeff Evans
I cannot quite remember either where it is but I will look for it.  Someone has created an add on script that extends midi functionality a lot.  It is not a standard thing but I have heard it is reliable and fully stable too.  It contains many things people have been wanting for a long time.  It free too from memory.

As per this thread, the "X" extensions have expired and have been abandoned (for public use).
I don't quite get the developer's attitude, but it's his IP.
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/studio-one-x.61910/

2017/12/29 17:15:10
Mitch_I
I just noticed this DAW feature comparison site mentioned in KVR. I haven't seen anything more detailed in a long time.

https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/DAW-Chart.html
2017/12/29 23:19:38
tenfoot
Jim Roseberry

As per this thread, the "X" extensions have expired and have been abandoned (for public use).
I don't quite get the developer's attitude, but it's his IP.
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/studio-one-x.61910/

Thanks Jim. Wow - that is odd. Dev spits dummy and demands more love! He should run for president:)
2017/12/30 23:12:52
soens
Jeff Evans

Same goes for Studio One Toolkit. Looks like v3 changed to the point of making those utilities unusable, tho v3 seems to have adopted some of the color options from Toolkit. It's also possible PreSonus asked them to stop.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account