• Software
  • Is the Waves Abbey Road plugins worth having? (p.2)
2017/12/18 22:40:50
TheWholeDamnZoo
Jeff Evans

Lately I have been getting into the Brauer Motion plug which is also seriously amazing!

I really love the Brauer Motion. I don't really understand their pricing. Some of the $29 plugins easily beat out some of the more expensive ones.
2017/12/18 23:21:49
cclarry
I agree with everyone here on the TG12345.  That is one AWESOME channel strip.
I also agree that I could do without the King's Microphones, which would only be used
as a novelty effect.  I have the Bundle, and like them.
2017/12/18 23:34:02
TheMaartian
The only ARS plugins I didn't have (not counting the King's Mics) were REDD and J37. Mine now. $25 each. Niiiice.
2017/12/19 02:27:06
clintmartin
I'm pretty much sold on the ADT. Does everyone agree that the 12345 is better than REDD? I haven't tried the demo of REDD yet and I'm out of town for the next few days. Is the current Waves sale the cheapest way to buy?

2017/12/19 02:38:08
Well they are different, I like having both

$29 Each, try EveryPlugin you might get them a bit cheaper ($25.49 without code), there usually is a code. I paid significantly more way back and don't regret it. 

Sorry I don't recall the code, or even if it's working at this time, it usually is though, knocks a couple of $ off again
2017/12/19 02:40:29
Grem
None of the ARS stuff is to be missed for $29. Get it. I am looking to complete y ARS bundle with the J37 and the AR Vinyl. 

AR Plates is the best reverb. It will work wonders on vocals, guitar, drums, and whole mixes. This is not a one trick pony. The controls seem simple, but they really interact with each other. Turn the damper from two to five or six and the adjust the predelay along with the Treble and bass  and......... it's really endless. I love this plug!!

ADT is a go to for me also. Great effect. 

And like everyone is saying, the T1234 got that sound. Red does too, don't dismiss it. 
2017/12/19 02:45:45
clintmartin
Well I can only afford two for now. I'm a bit over budget at the moment. I should have got the plate awhile back when it was on sale. It's currently $99. 
I may wait until I get back home and give the REDD a demo.
2017/12/19 03:13:29
Code WEEKEND10 at Everyplugin brings it down to $23.45
2017/12/19 03:19:06
tlw
I’ve all the Abbey Rd plugins except the microphones and vinyl ones.

I’ve never quite understood why you’d want to record someinting using an actual microphone which has it’s own response curves then stick it through an “emulated” mic and get the emulation’s frequency curves applied in addition to the ones already there from the real mic.

I’m just not interested in the vinyl plugin.

The rest are very good - the plate reverb in particular is very nice, but switch off the huge animation of reverb plates vibrating away or it can be a real computer resource hog. Same with the other plugins in the series that have animations.
2017/12/19 03:40:12
Eddie TX
Matron Landslide
Code WEEKEND10 at Everyplugin brings it down to $23.45

Same code at PluginDiscounts makes it $22.41.

There's more than one place to get 'em, guys ... 

Cheers,
Eddie
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account