• Software
  • Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!!
For a limited time only, "now until much later", users of COMPUTERS running Windows, OSX, or even Linux (with limited compatibility of VST/VSTi plugins in native Linux version), can now get this PREPOSTEROUS deal on REAPER, for an introductory price of ONLY $60!!! (if gross revenue using it does not exceed USD $20,000) or $225 if grossing more than $20,000. Buy it here before this deal expires!!!

https://www.reaper.fm/purchase.php
2017/12/27 20:25:10
synkrotron
Cool
2017/12/27 20:29:51
emwhy
Lol.....it's been that way for years and odds are it will never expire. And at $60 you can't go, wrong. I'm loving that program, it needs a few more subtle features like ARA and maybe a dedicated smart tool, but it's powerful as hell.

emwhy
Lol.....it's been that way for years and odds are it will never expire. And at $60 you can't go, wrong. I'm loving that program, it needs a few more subtle features like ARA and maybe a dedicated smart tool, but it's powerful as hell.

ARA2 support is right around the corner and will be implemented in REAPER before or at the same time as it becomes available in Melodyne.  Preview screen shot from Schwa.

2017/12/27 20:55:06
azslow3
Bad marketing... Cockos should learn how to do this from Magix.
Put $2000 on the front page, fuLock for additional $50. And include 150TB of some WAVs into download.
The rest is not so important, can be Reaver v4  32bit only. And since the audience here are Sonar users, there must be a special version with 500+ bugs added, also something should slow down Reaper startup by a factor of 5-10 and other operations with at least factor 2.
Fast, small and not buggy program can not be perceived as serious on the DAW market
azslow3
Put $2000 on the front page, fuLock for additional $50. And include 150TB of some WAVs into download.
The rest is not so important, can be Reaver v4  32bit only. And since the audience here are Sonar users, there must be a special version with 500+ bugs added, also something should slow down Reaper startup by a factor of 5-10 and other operations with at least factor 2.
Fast, small and not buggy program can not be perceived as serious on the DAW market

For only $100,000.00 you get REAPER, and a ***FREE*** Corvette Z06!!!!!! Your copy of REAPER will come on a USB Flash Drive, and will be sitting shotgun in your brand new 2018 Chevrolet Corvette, as you race home to install it!!!

Yeah, REAPER is NOT really about DEELS. It's about a rock solid race car DAW that doesn't get marketed in bundles, or include Terabytes of stuff to fill your hard drive up.
2017/12/28 00:59:21
michael diemer
I think Reaper has a great future, provided Justin and Schwa don't get bored and decide to do something else. It continually improves in response to users' input. You mentioned Linux, if they pull that off it will be impressive indeed. I'm talking about full equality here with Windows and OS. That's it's a tall order, even for those guys, who are as good as it gets. I would love to ditch Windows and work exclusively in Linux. I only use windows for music at this point, everything else is Linux. But I need to be able to use my sound libraries. There are no Linux equivalents to Cinematic Strings, EWSO, etc. 

I started using Reaper about a year and a half ago, because 8.5 Producer wasn't working right. Actually it never did, I must have got a bad install DVD. But when the news about Cakewalk hit, I wanted to make sure I had a good working version of Sonar, so I installed 8.5 Studio, which works fine, and I still have all the features I need. And now that I'm working again in Sonar, I realize it is more intuitive for me. I'll probably go back and forth, eventually settling on Reaper, as Sonar's useful life span is limited at this point. somewhere along the way, Reaper will evolve into just what I need. If not, I'll see if I can adapt it better so my workflow is smoother.
2017/12/28 01:00:08
subtlearts
Love this thread. Yeah it's one of the things (from a fairly long list) that led me to finally realize it's the right Daw for me to transition to at this point. I like that they don't give a crap about marketing, or special crossgrade offers, or Insane Deals, or mountains of bundled content. I like that they are confident enough in their product to say hey, here it is, we think it's awesome and fairly priced, check it out as long as you want, we figure you'll think it's awesome too... eventually... Well, I did anyway.

I think the fact that they don't bother with all that other stuff at all is directly related to how fast they can move on the stuff that matters. I wish more companies would operate that way.
2017/12/28 01:25:52
35mm
azslow3

ha ha ha Azlow, love it!
2017/12/28 01:34:51
stevee9c6
Personally, I love the Abby Road appearance template.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account