2014/08/14 13:02:27
lawp
cool :) steam doesn't scare me, i'm a level 8 user
2014/08/14 16:38:16
DaveG74
Once again, the purchase of this item is for the instruments, not for Music Creator. I currently use and enjoy Sonar x3.

I called Cakewalk with my concern. A representative told me the $99 price would last until the end of the week but expired yesterday. The person I just spoke to issued me a promo code for that price, good for 72 hours. I will be purchasing the Complete Sound Studio Bundle tomorrow.
2014/08/14 18:02:27
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Grundberg
Once again, the purchase of this item is for the instruments, not for Music Creator. I currently use and enjoy Sonar x3.

That's correct. I was responding to LAWP's post in regards to buying the same pack on STEAM. In that case you need to own or buy SONAR or Music Creator on the STEAM platform itself to be able to download and utilize the sound packs. 
2014/08/16 07:24:49
DaveG74
After purchasing the Bundle last night (MC6 + 19 instrument packs), I will honestly say that my expectations and reactions are mixed.

MC6 does come in separate components, but so do all 19 the Instrument packs...19 compressed folders. I should've guessed this would be a conveluded mess of sorts, all installing separately into my Control Panel Add/Remove list.

Call me a control freak, but I guess this does trigger my OCD a bit. I did initially have to spend about fifteen minutes extracting all the install files and putting them together in one folder. The install didn't take long, but I do wish I could methodically just take my entire SoundCenter instruments folder and back it up just the way it is for next time.

In addition, when browsing my SoundCenter library, this may be a tremendous amount of work merely choosing one instrument for a particular type of track. Previously, I had my core SoundCenter library, TTS, Roland GrooveSynth and DropZone. Now I have 10 times the library, but I shall learn to take it as a benefit, a convenience and a blessing...and not a burden. It will just take some getting used to.

:)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account