2015/07/26 02:15:33
sausy1981
I like to use compression in series on some tracks, particularly vocals, I love the PC compressors but I can only have one inserted on the prochannel at a time, I would love to be able to stack them on the prochannel so I can use them in series.
Many Thanks,
Andrew
2015/07/26 07:09:57
scook
It is possible to have more than one of any PC plug-ins except the QuadCurve EQ, the PC76U-Type and PC4K S-Type Bus compressors. The QuadCurve EQ is the replacement for the original per-track EQ which pre-dates SONAR X-series and the two compressors were developed for the original X1 PC which did have a the limitation of one compressor per track. All of the add-on plug-ins are designed for the "modular" PC developed for X1 Producer Extended. All the newer version of SONAR with the PC use the "modular" design.
2015/07/26 07:23:28
John T
I recall this coming up in a thread a while back, and someone from Cakewalk, possibly Noel, said that the original modules from X1 would require some re-coding to make them fully modular like the newer ones.

Myself, I think this is now a bit overdue. Mutliple EQs in a strip is another obvious use case.
2015/07/26 07:29:24
scook
That is correct. While it would be nice to have these plug-ins updated, there are solutions available now in the form of add-on plug-ins and the FX Chain PC module.
2015/07/26 07:44:24
John T
Sure, it's not a show-stopper, and not the highest priority. But in the case of the EQ, it'd be great to have multiple QuarCurve EQs with the flyout and so on. Of course, that's even less trivial than the compressor, as there'd have to be work done on the small graph in the inspector & console view. Do you have multiple graphs, or do you make which EQ it shows selectable, or something else?
2015/07/26 07:58:50
scook
This is getting away from the limitations of the original PC compressors. I would expect if there were a modular QCEQ, it would not be presented in the other views like the per-track EQ. A modular QCEQ would act like any of the other currently available PC EQs.
2015/07/26 08:11:34
sausy1981
I understand that I can put the fx chain module in but I would like to have the pc76 available in series.
2015/07/26 08:15:12
pwalpwal
John T this is now a bit overdue. Mutliple EQs in a strip is another obvious use case.

frankly bizarre that they were implemented originally as single-use in the first place - what other plugin does this?
2015/07/26 08:22:42
azslow3
Proprietary VST implementation with many limitations... That is what PC is. I hope CW remove it at some point and replace with normal VST, I mean will merge it with FX Bin. There can be extra (open) interface to provide these "small GUIs" which we have in PC, so VST which want be extra Sonar compatible can use it (I guess other DAWs will follow).

That eliminate all current limitations/problems/wishes. Just think about current FX bin: what is NOT there except small GUIs inside console and inspector? "Flyout" is just normal sized GUI with separate button to show it. Sorry to say, but I have not found any advantages of PC except an overview for the whole chain settings.

BTW In looks like FX Chain is just a micro VST host, or it can be.
2015/07/26 09:08:12
gswitz
sausy1981
I understand that I can put the fx chain module in but I would like to have the pc76 available in series.

I know this misses the obvious point, but you could send to a bus to add another. A silly constraint which I don't understand either but I wanted to put forth the work-around.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account