• Software
  • Overture 5 - are folks using it successfully? (p.2)
2017/12/11 16:21:56
TheMaartian
djwayne
Amicus----no I didn't know about downloading the sound files....found them and am downloading them now, Thank you very much !! and Yes I do have a artist program installed, but not running. 

Very nice sounding libraries, they are. I got lucky a couple of years ago, and was able to pick up Notion 5 with all instruments bundled in for a stupid good price. I added the mandolin when it was released and they finally fixed whatever it took to get the harpsichord to show up. For a home hobbyist like me, the sounds are decent enough to use directly in SO without the need for other VIs.
2017/12/11 17:38:47
Amicus717
TheMaartian
For a home hobbyist like me, the sounds are decent enough to use directly in SO without the need for other VIs.

I had the same reaction - the sounds are good enough to give me a solid idea how the arrangement will sound, and that's all I really need them to do. I think Notion is a really good package for composing. I don't think its as good at engraving as the other programs, but that's not what I use it for.
2017/12/11 17:46:00
djwayne
I have it up and running.
2017/12/13 17:59:06
Makzimia
Mine is running, but, laggiest P.O.C I’ve ever used for midi recording. Everything else I use works a treat. Shame guess I’m out my money now.
2017/12/26 05:12:33
lmichaelson
I bought Overture primarily to view what was in existing MIDI files. Have yet to open a MIDI file without an immediate crash. $50 down the drain.
2017/12/26 17:44:17
SquireBum
lmichaelson
I bought Overture primarily to view what was in existing MIDI files. Have yet to open a MIDI file without an immediate crash. $50 down the drain.

What version of Overture are you running?

I had the same problem with MIDI file import crashing v5.5.1-4.
The MIDI import problem was fixed in v5.5.1-5.
The current version is 5.5.1-6, which was released on Dec. 21st.

Hope this helps,
-- Ron

2017/12/26 18:00:48
Makzimia
Unless I see something that says, we found what  is making Overture run like a 286sx machine, I'm not even bothering with it now, just marking it up as a bad idea, for now.

2017/12/27 16:40:49
ptheisen
SquireBum
lmichaelson

What version of Overture are you running?

I had the same problem with MIDI file import crashing v5.5.1-4.
The MIDI import problem was fixed in v5.5.1-5.
The current version is 5.5.1-6, which was released on Dec. 21st.

Hope this helps,
-- Ron

I also had a midi file that would cause Overture (version 5.5.1-3) to crash when importing it. I can confirm that updating to version 5.5.1-6 allows me to import that same file with no problems.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account