• Software
  • RESOLVED Where's my Waves folder ?? LOL
2017/12/16 16:40:29
pentimentosound
I updated my Waves Central yesterday and this morning while opening SPLAT, I was asked where the Waves folder was located.
I still haven't found it! LOL
Where is it? Why am I suddenly being asked this? My Waves worked before ...
Oh yeah, I updated them (I have 6 Waves plugs), too.

Help!
Michael
2017/12/16 17:10:19
bitflipper
 That's why we use installers, so we don't have to the do file management by hand! 

FWIW, I found my Waves plugins in c:\program files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9

e.g. c:\program files (x86)\Waves\Plug-ins V9\Doubler.bundle\Contents\Win64\Doubler.dll

2017/12/16 17:26:49
ampfixer
Yep, that's the default location. I've found Waves doesn't like it when you use custom locations.
2017/12/16 18:12:40
pentimentosound
I wasn't even thinking about doing a custom location! LOL         AND I was surprised that something had changed and SPLAT needed to know.
I like the KISS path of least resistance....

Thanks for the answers/assistance!
Michael 
2017/12/16 18:19:27
pentimentosound
I just got this link from the Facebook Sonar users group and bitflipper ... you've got it.
https://www.waves.com/support/locate-the-waves-plug-ins-folder

RE   These directions
Windows:
  • Quit your host application.
  • Press [Win key]+R, type %appdata% and hit Enter.
    A window titled Roaming will show.
    In Roaming, locate the folder named “Waves Audio” and move it to the Desktop.
  • Launch your host application with a fresh session. If prompted to locate the Waves Plug-ins Folder, direct to the above location.________________________________________________________________________________
    Does that relocate my folder? I don't really want to do that! LOL         or is this a temporary thing?  I suppose I could put it back. Hmmmm

Anyone?
    Michael
2017/12/16 20:35:24
Grem
I would do an uninstall and reinstall through Waves Central.
2017/12/16 21:55:31
pentimentosound
Thanks Grem. I realized I couldn't uninstall each plug and was wondering how to do that as a group (I've got 6 Waves VSTs).
I'll give that a go and post back.
Michael
2017/12/17 09:56:08
Grem
pentimentosound
Thanks Grem. I realized I couldn't uninstall each plug and was wondering how to do that as a group (I've got 6 Waves VSTs).
I'll give that a go and post back.
Michael

Yes it's a all or nothing deal with Waves. But give it a shot. I have had funny stuff go on when I upgraded, chased that tail around the pole quite a few times before just breaking down and doing the uninstall/re-install that solved the problem. :)
2017/12/17 19:03:54
mudgel
The request for the Waves folder location is actually an error which comes about when the connection between the plugin location and the plugin cache gets corrupted.

Only way out of it is to uninstall Waves via Programs and Features then:
Press [Win key]+R, type %appdata% and hit Enter. Select the folder Roaming/Waves Audio - delete the Waves Audio Folder then reboot.
Run Waves central and reinstall all your plugins following any instructions as they come up.
2017/12/18 01:55:11
pentimentosound

So, I did those steps and SPLAT still wants to know where to find the folder. It keeps opening Documents. Is that where it should be?
I've tried several things, but still get the Window for "where to look" or whatever. I must be getting asked for each of the 7 Waves Plugs that I have, because it happens over and over.

Just assume I don't know much ...  What folder do I type in and what's supposed to be in it?

Currently in my Waves folder (86x) > Plug-Ins V9 there are
2 ArtistDlls (1 & 2 )
and
2 each of WavesLib_9.6 and 9.91     one of each is Win32.dll and one is Win64.dll

Which seems wrong! Like Win64dlls should be in Programs not x86 Programs

Also I found 1 WaveShell-VST 9.6.dll and 1 WaveShell-VST 9.91.dll , in the VstPlugins folder of x86 Programs   AND those 2 are also in the VstPlugins folder in Programs (ie 64 bit)

Did I put them in the wrong folder or not put all 7 in the right one? LOL  
I'm obviously not getting this yet, but expect to soon!
Thanks for all the help.
Michael
 PS
I didn't get this either.
"Launch your host application with a fresh session. If prompted to locate the Waves Plug-ins Folder, direct to the above location."     BUT I don't see what the "above location" is.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account