• Software
  • Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ?
2017/12/26 06:57:48
Frank Harvey
OK,
YES... I Bought the Suite for minimal $$$ and am rapt thus far.
AND.........I got it so incredibly cheap!!!! .....such LUCK What !! .. ( ie: AND.. having had so little luck in my life generally :)   )...... ( A needed / Necessary bright light ) and right when I was in a deep Lull from the unexpected  'Move to Heaven' by my long time  pal ... SONAR  PLATINUM.
HEY! ...... Make No Mistake...............'Samplitude Pro (Suite)' appears indeed to be a bloody brilliant piece of technological mastery.
This program called 'Samplitude Suite' truly  Rocks!!.......Just Like SONAR did / still does.
And That's my Point.
Thus far...It is amazing me at every turn......esp such wonders as Spectral Layers............HEY !!!.....WOW !!!

HOWEVER,
Notwithstanding the overwhelming and impressive impact 'SAMPLITUDE' has had on me ........ I, as are many of my Sonarian mates, am still smarting deeply from recent events and and have subsequently lost significant trust in the Software..(esp: DAW) Industry.

SONAR collapsed in a 'SUDDEN IMPACT' event ...........  AND YEAH...OK ....  ( Some.. so called  'Industry Prophets' ) claim they predicted this  .. ..(Heee Heee  :).

QUESTION:
Before I go to all of the intense, time consuming and ( Frankly).. 'Bloody Annoying' trouble of retraining myself in yet another DAW program,   ( eg: my new DAW  choice is  ... SAMPLITUDE ).

Should I be concerned at the 'ROCK BOTTOM AND BELOW' Samplitude  price offerings being presented in recent days? ......not just  SAMPLITUDE but by many DAWS ?

SONAR IS DEAD...Apparently  .....   LONG LIVE ( Whichever DAW Snags the most Sonar Refugees) ;)

EDITORIAL:
I am passingly ( YEAH.. WHATEVER :)  ) concerned about the  longevity of SAMPLITUDE.
Their prices are so, Ridiculously Low and Internationally Erratic  at the moment.
I assume the people who work at Samplitude have to eat too :)
Has anyone taken the time to simply ask them...... " Are You OK" ?
Do We Need To conclude that 'DAW' names starting with 'S' are likely to be doomed to oblivion?
And I hope not / want not  !!!!!
Best Regards
Frank in OZ
2017/12/26 08:01:31
kennywtelejazz
You might not fully realize it yet but you just scored a very nice DAW
Don't let the current price fool you , about 3 years ago when I wanted to upgrade to Pro X 2 Suite from Samp 8 Studio E.. it would have cost me $999.00 at the time ...

Kenny
2017/12/26 08:28:22
GIM Productions
Hi i bought the Samplitude Suite couse the deal was incredible.....
My Daw in the studio is Sonar Platinum and it will be for a long time,but i 'm learning Samplitude very fast and for me is awesome.The audio reputation was already know but the vsti midi use is simple and accurate,in the quantize section especially.
Anyway i hope again in Sonar rescue!
Greetings
2017/12/26 08:41:00
kennywtelejazz
Yes , I scored this deal myself right now I'm making room on one of my computers for Pro X 3 Suite ...
Ive been switching between SONAR SPlat and Samp Pro x 2 Standard for the past few years .
I'm looking forward to having and using the full on version of Samp ....

Lovely Program

Kenny
2017/12/26 11:24:57
azslow3
ProTools, Ableton and Reaper have no "incredible deals" (the last one has no deals in general).
Cubase and Mixcraft have just extended current deals watching CW situation.
Studio One has a special deal. But that is Presonus. They sell well integrated to the DAW hardware, from which I guess they get the profit. Extending the user base, even for unusual price, sounds like a profitable decision.

I mean I see the transparency in pricing from all these companies (no special interest/take some users as usual/extend potential hardware customers base).

But what about Magix? Claimed 90% (!) price drop. Not CW related. Extended the deal several times. Can someone explain the intention? I can not.

After Sonar story, I am not going to take "incredible deals". At least till the deal is transparent and/or I was seriously thinking to get the product in any case and the only stopper was the price.
I could not understand what was going on with Sonar pricing. Till the crash. Funny that that pricing over several last years make perfect sense assuming someone knew how it ends...
2017/12/26 11:45:18
GIM Productions
I have done the same question to one of the best Samp expert and he told me that Magix is looking for people to increase Samp development
2017/12/26 12:54:24
Leadfoot
I figure, even if Magix goes belly up, I still scored some great software for pennies on the dollar, and it should work for a very long time on my Windows 7 computer that never gets updated.
2017/12/26 14:19:22
raisindot
I did the deal, mainly to get Sound Forge. But I have decided that since Samplitude was included, I'm going to make it my "backup" DAW in case Sonar ever stops working. Won't be going to Cubase or any other one. Having the Independence Library with it is a nice bonus as well, although, after nearly 5 hours of installing the thing from DVDs, I'm not overly impressed by the library. A step above Dimension Pro, perhaps, but not much higher. 

I have tried Samplitude and, frankly, I don't find it that easy. Much of the way things are set up are very confusing to me. Like having both MIDI and Audio selections on the same track, for example. I found it took forever for me to get it simply "connect" with my audio interface and record a track. 

I also find its menu system maddening. For example, click on the tab, open up a sub menu and have to carefully stay within the horizonal "row" to keep the sub-menus from disappearing. Stupid. 

But I'll keep chugging along with it. 
2017/12/26 14:28:15
35mm
Samplitude and Magix are not going belly up anytime soon. Magix is a huge software company in very good shape and I have heard that they have recently taken on more developers. I think Samplitude is a safer bet as any for longevity.
2017/12/26 15:08:49
Bonjo
I got Samp Studio 2013 in some deal or other, and it reminded me GUI-wise of the Sonar LE I got when I purchased a Roland item, I believe that Sonar LE (at that time was based on 8.5?), anyhoo, this new Samp deal was too good to pass up and so it can now sit there awaiting any demise of SPLAT. Nice.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account