2015/07/25 00:06:06
Soundblend
Sonar is a PRO music platform, keep it so :

I Would like a 1 go to VSTi, fully GM comaptible, with great sounds, also with extended sounds
like Pads, strings, great pianos, basses and great leads.

I am tired of all those " Fancy " unusable sounds, need something for real music production.
NI Kontakt 5 is a real deal, but expensive, but for people like me, as a hobbyist for now, cannot afford to get it.

ONE good VSTi, in sonar that should cover the most basics for Pro Sound.

( less " useless " vsti's = less code ) less work, error searching and work for the bakers too.
then they can do important things to sonar instead.

BTW : drop all those loops ...... give that to the music creator users.. i'm just saying.
Also get rid off and replace the Boost 11, cause it just suck.. yepp it does.

Time to Upgrade sonar, with some real deal sounds.

I hardly ( never ) use any of the shipped VSTi's  within sonar itself.

What do you others think ?

Jan
2015/07/25 00:33:11
mudgel
All those VSTIs are there for people who only have Sonar and no 3rd party plugins. Those VSTIs are perfectly acceptable. The fact that Cakewalk have recouped their development costs from these synths allows them to include them free with Sonar. There was a time when those Synths were actually retail products that people paid for. Just because time has passed doesn't mean they've stopped working and still have value.

You're not going to get somethinglike Kontakt without paying extra for it. Certainly won't get it free with Sonar or any DAW for that matter.
2015/07/25 01:02:21
Adq
GM compatible? Are you in 1995? It is one of the most unprofessional things.
2015/07/25 01:14:48
Woodyoflop
Every now and again i still use them. Sometimes they just have "that sound" that you need for a instrumental. Usually i dont use any sound striaght outta the box. I usually always tweak it anyways till it fits what i need.
2015/07/25 02:03:03
Soundblend
Adq
GM compatible? Are you in 1995? It is one of the most unprofessional things.

well some people prefer basic mapping on the GM, that will not make it sound less professional.

All i talk about is " all in one " good vsti, TTS such an vst, but it sound is kinda cheap sounding.
If i had the money i would get me NI Kontakt 5 for sure, but i cannot afford it.

It has nothing to do with the year 1955 to do at all ( or old fasion ways... )

If someone makes a lot of tracks in all midi, with the ordinary mapping, it is easy to recall instruments in a go.
Without having to remap and set up, track by track, even that is possible of course.

2015/07/25 09:16:48
AT
The biggest impediment to your wish for SONAR to include a full-functioning Kontakt style synth is what you've already alluded to - cost.  Kontakt costs as much as SONAR, itself, so you are really hoping for a 2-1.

Besides, DimPro and Rapt (both come w/ SONAR Pro) aren't too shabby.  neither has all the libraries you can add to Kontakt, but then those cost even more.  Maybe Rapt pro ....
2015/07/25 09:39:20
bitflipper
There is nothing "unprofessional" about GM. It's a mapping standard, that's all. And SONAR does come with an acceptable GM synth, the TTS-1. Sure, there are better instruments, but a good composer/mixer can easily construct a great tune using nothing but the TTS-1. Really. It's the poor workman who blames his tools.

Dimension Pro is a great sampler/synth. It doesn't have the scripting capabilities or huge third-party content that Kontakt has, and it's a grab-bag of patches of varying quality. But what it does it does well. I could get by with DP alone for strings if I had to.

In addition to a sampler, everybody needs at least one synthesizer, even if they don't do electronic music per se. For me, Zebra fills that role. But if I didn't have Zebra I think I could manage OK with Rapture. And now that Rapture and Dim Pro are rolled into one, you've got a very broad sonic palette to work with in a single instrument.

Granted, there are bundled instruments I'll never use. There are also features I'll never use. But somebody will and I don't mind them being there just in case. I recently found a great crash cymbal sample in Session Drummer that I will probably use down the road, even though I've never used SD in any of its incarnations and wouldn't have missed had it never been included with SONAR.

Now, if CW announced that the next version of SONAR would include Kontakt, and the price would go up $400 because of it, then I'd be in total agreement with this thread's premise.
2015/07/25 12:53:33
Doktor Avalanche
Personally I wish they would kill all 32 bit and directX plugins, better still upgrade the useful ones. For new users it is a bit of a buzz kill when they look at modern plugins, for old users they already have the plugins before they upgrade so they won't be missing anything. The Sonar experience should look as modern and as up to date as possible in order to get new customers...
2015/07/25 19:19:16
jih64
Doktor Avalanche
Personally I wish they would kill all 32 bit and directX plugins, better still upgrade the useful ones.

I think that is a good idea. The only Cakewalk plugins/vsti's I use are Pro Channel stuff and Dimension Pro and Rapture (have Rap Pro, but it's not there yet) and Z3TA2 of course, but it's not apart of Sonar. I wouldn't want to part company with Dim Pro and Rapture just yet, but I purchased them long ago separately, so I guess if they nuked them all it wouldn't be of concern to me. Cleaning out the old crap might be a good idea though.
2015/07/25 22:22:03
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Mostly, such comments are reflective of ignorance.

Knowing how to use something trumps all kinds of bells and whistles.

I have dozens of cheap and old microphones that are great when used with experience and attention.

I use the "old" "obsolete" "decrepit" Amp Sim regularly.

If you do not like/want the CW included bits don't download, or delete as you see fit.

I suggest you complain about something that matters. :)

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account