• Software
  • Software how much have you gained by following some of our Forum members recomendations . (p.2)
2017/12/02 19:22:14
kennywtelejazz
dubdisciple
What i like about people like bit ,scook, mettelus, Jeff Evans, you and several others is they will give you facts regardless of their opinion. Bitflipper is hardly a fan of rap, but he will chip in with sound advice on a rap related production question.

You have mentioned some very solid forum members there in your post ...them fellas all belong to
......................................The Cakewalk Forum All Star Team ...........................................................................

ArcRex
Along the lines of this conversation, if you are looking for an in production DAW, also check out their forums and communities. This forum is superb. (I knew it was good, but I think I under estimated it) Others may not be as functional.

I have looked around all over the net  while checking out music forums of the other brand DAW's I own and use ...
Yes , if I want to keep it strictly to the nuts and bolts of a DAW , sure I Ken Do other forums  if I'm in a teachable mood .
I'm a bit of a Wing Nut & I have crossed threads with some rather colorful characters around here over the years
Love that element of this forum ...never a dull moment ...

thanks,

Kenny

2017/12/03 01:29:21
kennywtelejazz
Jeff Evans
I have gained a huge amount of software from reading these threads for sure and for the better might I add. The Software and Deals threads have been unique and often not on other forums.  A lot of great knowledge and ideas have been spread though these forums and some lively discussion too! The software threads here are great areas for learning about new and other other products.  The replacing of a different DAW over time is the lesser compared to the forum group not being in one place anymore.  They say the forum here will be open, but for how long.

The Presonus forum is pretty cool with some very nice and knowledgable people over there.  Its a good place to get to know the program but also plenty of technical tips to and some good discussion.  Maybe some of the Sonar people by coming over there will broaden the people base.  Studio One Expert is also a great site.  With some excellent educators over there too. 

Hi Jeff ,

Your Post was pleasant read . Much of what you said in your post about this forum and our members rings pretty much true for me too. I too have enjoyed immensely participating in the various discussions on many of the non Cakewalk DAW's and software deals we all have discussed ....
I know you have put out a lot if good info on Studio One ....I should have listened to you a lot more closely 
I picked up up Studio One Pro 3 a few days back , I'm slowly learning my way around it ....
thanks for sharing 

abacab
kennywtelejazz

The motive behind this thread is simple ...I don't know how much longer I will be able to hang out with you guys and gals ...
This forums assets , resources , and helpful people may change in the blink of an eye ...
I want to milk it and enjoy this forum while it s still here ...

all the best,

Kenny

One last request Kenny ... if you do decide to abandon this forum, please leave a forwarding address!!! 

Hi abacab , 

I do have a medical procedure coming up real soon .
I sure hope I survive  other than that , what you quoted  is geared more to the possible day We All  get the dreaded 404  error when we try to come here .....I sure hope that 404 thing don't happen anytime soon .
Anyway , I'm easy to find .... for direct contact  ...my user name  + Aol or Yahoo dot com  ..or one can ping me VIA my Soundcoud or u tube pages ...

thanks

dubdisciple
This forum is by far the best for any DAW. I have learned so much.

+1

all the best,

Kenny

2017/12/03 01:47:39
abacab
kennywtelejazz

I sure hope I survive  other than that , what you quoted  is geared more to the possible day We All  get the dreaded 404  error when we try to come here .....I sure hope that 404 thing don't happen anytime soon .
Anyway , I'm easy to find .... for direct contact  ...my user name  + Aol or Yahoo dot com  ..or one can ping me VIA my Soundcoud or u tube pages ...

Hey Kenny, hope your medical issues get resolved quickly!

Yup, that 404 thing had me worried, so I already signed up at the forum started by Bapu @ http://beyondcakewalk.com/forum/

Had to follow Larry and the "deals" over there, right?

Plus he has organized a number of various subforums for different brand DAWs. 

2017/12/03 01:53:56
abacab
Jeff Evans
I have gained a huge amount of software from reading these threads for sure and for the better might I add. The Software and Deals threads have been unique and often not on other forums.  A lot of great knowledge and ideas have been spread though these forums and some lively discussion too! The software threads here are great areas for learning about new and other other products.  The replacing of a different DAW over time is the lesser compared to the forum group not being in one place anymore.  They say the forum here will be open, but for how long.

The Presonus forum is pretty cool with some very nice and knowledgable people over there.  Its a good place to get to know the program but also plenty of technical tips to and some good discussion.  Maybe some of the Sonar people by coming over there will broaden the people base.  Studio One Expert is also a great site.  With some excellent educators over there too. 

I activated my Studio One 3 Pro demo (from Prime), and it is entirely different having access to your favorite VST's. 

I like how it rolls, and now I'm thinking Studio One 3 Pro crossgrade ... just because ... code 'GROUP' @ JRR = $125.16. 
2017/12/03 02:46:08
bjornpdx
Not sure what kind of a relationship I have with the forum members here. I'm more of a lurker but it seems like I've gotten to know a lot of people by reading their posts. I don't post much because I'm sort of intimidated. I don't have the music background that most people seem to have, on the artist side or on the technical side. Guess I've picked up some experience though by reading about people's successes and failures.

Every time I stumble on something I can usually find a solution on these forums. (I never seem to have an answer to someone else's problem however)  The Songs forum has been a huge help for me. I really appreciate all the comments there. I get a lot out of the Software and Deals forums too but  maybe they have too much influence on me considering all the software I've bought.

I never know what's going on in the Coffee House forum.

Hope the forums continues for awhile longer.

2017/12/03 03:02:55
Fog
the DAW ones of late have been interesting.. it's no secret I've used reason/cubase/studio one for far longer than cake's recent announcement

its more interesting that within a day or 2 that folk claim to know whats what, with the rival product.. 6 months.. sure.

I used to play "price match tennis" with real shops.. but now I do it online instead.

2017/12/04 14:26:09
kennywtelejazz
abacab
kennywtelejazz

Hey Kenny, hope your medical issues get resolved quickly!

Yup, that 404 thing had me worried, so I already signed up at the forum started by Bapu @ http://beyondcakewalk.com/forum/

Had to follow Larry and the "deals" over there, right?

Plus he has organized a number of various subforums for different brand DAWs. 

Hi abacab,

Well, If you don't see me around in a couple of weeks it means they didn't get resolved ...
Oh Yeah P 5 did feed the VST synth addiction

abacab
Jeff Evans

I activated my Studio One 3 Pro demo (from Prime), and it is entirely different having access to your favorite VST's. 

I like how it rolls, and now I'm thinking Studio One 3 Pro crossgrade ... just because ... code 'GROUP' @ JRR = $125.16. 

After messing around w Prime for a while I wound up just picking up Studio One 3 Pro seems nice so far ...

Hi Bjorn ,

+1 on" Hope the forums continues for awhile longer."

Hi Fog ,

I think the recent Cakewalk situation has really shook up the Calmer Waters of the Lake ...
All the stuff that was just sitting there at the bottom has seemed to come up to the surface and now people are scrambling ...
I have used Samplitude , Mixbus , Logic and a bunch of other DAW's combined w SONAR for years ...
In the past year I have incorporated learning & using Reaper , Tracktion & Mixcraft ...there's more but I will keep it at that for now ...
I'm happy I didn't have to do any of this under the gun checking them all out in my own sweet time
I did pick up Studio One 3 Pro ...the cross grade deal for a SONAR Refugee was SWEET

It's been  nice hanging out w you guys,
all the best,

Kenny

2017/12/04 17:36:15
mudgel
In the Cakewalk Audio days there was a Usenet group that I wasn’t apart of. I didn’t get online till Sonar Producer 3 in 2004. I couldn’t recount all the things I learned from the folks here, not just about Sonar but all sorts of things, especially people. I couldn’t measure the help, put a price on it nor ever pay it back. You know, no one has ever asked me for a cent.

That’s rare these days where everything seems to be for sale, here, mostly it’s given freely.

We’ve noticed friends missing only to find out they’ve died in the meantime and we didn’t know about their suffering. We’ve even tracked down families so we could offer our condolences and share our experiences. We’ve banded together and helped different ones to buy Sonar because they were doing it tough. Why? Because we know what a powerful healing tool music is and it’s a great thing to share if it’s within your means to do it. That’s just a few thing that you don’t see every day, but here everyday you see strangers helping one another, giving up their time.

Sure, Sonars just a piece of software, but I ask you would Sonar be more or less without this forum. After being here for so long and having seen so many come and go I can only conclude that this particular piece of software would be greatly diminished if it didn’t go hand in hand with this forum.

The folks out there who use Sonar yet don’t know about or don’t use the forum, haven’t a clue on what they’re missing.

While we contemplate what might lay ahead, let’s make sure that what we contribute is worth remembering. Thanks to you all for making this place what it is.
2017/12/04 23:37:22
subtlearts
Hear, hear to all of the above. It's been a great ride in (mostly) very fine company! I'll miss it when it disappears, whether suddenly or just, you know, gradually fading away...

For some reason I have Jules, Samuel Jackson's character from Pulp Fiction in my head saying "I'm in a transitional period"...
2017/12/05 18:12:39
kennywtelejazz
mudgel
In the Cakewalk Audio days there was a Usenet group that I wasn’t apart of. I didn’t get online till Sonar Producer 3 in 2004. I couldn’t recount all the things I learned from the folks here, not just about Sonar but all sorts of things, especially people. I couldn’t measure the help, put a price on it nor ever pay it back. You know, no one has ever asked me for a cent.

That’s rare these days where everything seems to be for sale, here, mostly it’s given freely.

We’ve noticed friends missing only to find out they’ve died in the meantime and we didn’t know about their suffering. We’ve even tracked down families so we could offer our condolences and share our experiences. We’ve banded together and helped different ones to buy Sonar because they were doing it tough. Why? Because we know what a powerful healing tool music is and it’s a great thing to share if it’s within your means to do it. That’s just a few thing that you don’t see every day, but here everyday you see strangers helping one another, giving up their time.

Sure, Sonars just a piece of software, but I ask you would Sonar be more or less without this forum. After being here for so long and having seen so many come and go I can only conclude that this particular piece of software would be greatly diminished if it didn’t go hand in hand with this forum.

The folks out there who use Sonar yet don’t know about or don’t use the forum, haven’t a clue on what they’re missing.

While we contemplate what might lay ahead, let’s make sure that what we contribute is worth remembering. Thanks to you all for making this place what it is.

Excellent Post 

thank you for sharing ,

Kenny
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account