• Software
  • Software how much have you gained by following some of our Forum members recomendations . (p.3)
2017/12/06 02:08:13
kitekrazy1
Too many.  Bitflipper's post have been the most helpful when it comes to thinking twice about the impulse purchase. KVR gossip is also helpful. 
2017/12/06 02:49:54
kennywtelejazz
subtlearts
Hear, hear to all of the above. It's been a great ride in (mostly) very fine company! I'll miss it when it disappears, whether suddenly or just, you know, gradually fading away...

For some reason I have Jules, Samuel Jackson's character from Pulp Fiction in my head saying "I'm in a transitional period"...

Yes that was a good post you acknowledged .
Tough break for Cakewalk , I'm sad to see this ride come to a close ...if and when it happens  ...
thanks ...

kitekrazy1
Too many.  Bitflipper's post have been the most helpful when it comes to thinking twice about the impulse purchase. KVR gossip is also helpful. 

Well , we all have our ways and methods to justify feeding the Ole GAS Monster

I have recently purchased some software ... Someone that does not know me or my needs may consider them to be an impulse purchase ...
I sat and waited out around 4 sales cycles over a period of over a year on each of these purchases ...
Too me an impulse buy is buying the software the first time it goes on sale ...not the fifth time it goes on sale
By then the fifth sale ... I'm already brainwashed so I actually need it   or so I think

Alright that's it ....lets pick a member here and do a software intervention ...who are we going after ?

Kenny

2017/12/06 05:49:43
Rbh
I owe my present working DAW to this forum. I had inherited an Apollo and and a well built Win 7 system and decided to upgrade from Sonar 5  to Pro last April ( damn glad I did by the way ) . Well the Apollo shuddered and was basically useless until I dragged up an old thread through the search feature on this forum  that taught me to tune the MaX threads count in the ini file correctly. I was really in a bad state until this forum rendered a priceless fix. So my favorite software is - You're looking at it.
2017/12/15 09:19:41
kennywtelejazz
Rbh
I owe my present working DAW to this forum. I had inherited an Apollo and and a well built Win 7 system and decided to upgrade from Sonar 5  to Pro last April ( damn glad I did by the way ) . Well the Apollo shuddered and was basically useless until I dragged up an old thread through the search feature on this forum  that taught me to tune the MaX threads count in the ini file correctly. I was really in a bad state until this forum rendered a priceless fix. So my favorite software is - You're looking at it.

Hi Rbh,

Last week when you posted your post I happened to miss seeing it  ...
I was in the hospital . When I got out I guess the thread had already slipped off page one ...

I loved SONAR 5 ...
I went from HS 2 to S 5 SE ...then when 6 came out I bumped up to 6 PE and ran it from 2006 to 2013 ...
Like you I eventually upgraded ...

Sure thing , I hear you loud and clear .
The best software has always been the people I can connect with here on the forum
When I showed up here I had been using HD recorders . I didn't know anything about computers or how to use them to record . It was the people here on the forum that reached out to me and helped me find my own way ...
With out them I would be nothing ..

all the best ,

Kenny
2017/12/15 23:02:53
BassDaddy
Same story for me Mangolater. Roland had cancelled the VS 2480 and other recorders. I figured since Roland owned Cakewalk that would be a logical way to go. It wound up making 0% difference. But glad I came to these forum. Anytime I Googled a question it brought me here.
2017/12/16 19:42:56
bitflipper
Ever google a question and have the first result be your own post?

It's weird. Makes you wonder if you're the only person on the planet to ask the question.
2017/12/16 19:50:50
abacab
Synchronicity! 
2017/12/16 20:08:17
cclarry
I stumbled upon Sonar from Cubase land.  After watching some X1 Video's I was 
definitely intrigued, so downloaded the demo, and was immediately hooked.  Bye bye
Cubase.  While the MIDI implementation in Sonar was not quite "there" as Cubase was,
I was far more impressed with the workflow of Sonar.  It just felt right!  

These forums have been my guiding light, and the advice and recommendations from
the folks here, as well as the kindness, has been second to NONE!  I've been in other
forums, and they just don't "have it", that is, what this forum has, in any way. 
It's just not the same anywhere else IMO.

So, HERE is too ALL OF YOU!!! You all made this place home, and, sadly, I don't think
any other place will ever be home.  Just a "domicile" from henceforth.  It just won't be
the same.

I'll still be here till the lights are out, and the doors are closed, and locked!
Home is where the heart is...and THIS has been my home!
2017/12/16 20:25:40
AndyB01
I started with HomeStudio XL God alone knows how long ago with a Soundblaster sound card and quickly discovered the joys of latency. 🤣 Good advice to buy a 'proper' sound card was one of my first encounters with this forum. I've had so much great advice I've lost count and I've occasionally been able to put a bit back based on my own limited knowledge and experience.

I have massively enjoyed the songs forum - so much talent (self excluded) and diversity of genre - seriously humbling. I have also received great constructive critique for my own efforts and I think I'm a better songwriter for it - thank you for all those great comments.

Oh and I only ever got flamed once - my thanks to like-minded posters and mods who put that particular individual to the sword - you know who you are.

I shall miss you all.

Andy
2017/12/18 19:47:53
kennywtelejazz
BassDaddy
Same story for me Magolater. Roland had cancelled the VS 2480 and other recorders. I figured since Roland owned Cakewalk that would be a logical way to go. It wound up making 0% difference. But glad I came to these forum. Anytime I Googled a question it brought me here.

Hi BassDaddy ,

I always wondered about some of those Roland VS set ups ...were they any good ?...
I know I used to sit around and drool over them ...

Just before I showed up here I had been using a Roland BR1180 CD ..I still have it ...it's put away for now ...

When I showed up here I had gotten  my first PC , a donated P 3 w a soundblaster card in it ...
Talk about green huh ? The Mangulator over here was Greener than as Green as they get

bitflipper
Ever google a question and have the first result be your own post?

It's weird. Makes you wonder if you're the only person on the planet to ask the question.

The first Google result wow , Your a smart guy , that one doesn't surprise me  ...
I have had a lighter version of that happen to me where the Google search results placed my post within the first page somewhere's around the 6 or 7 th suggestion...
Luckily  I was able to find what I was looking for in the other 6 or 7 suggestions  ..

abacab
Synchronicity! 

Love it when it happens

CC Larry , I'm giving you the green for now ...
I dug your post . I'm gonna come back when I have some time to comment proper ...

Andy , same thing as far as coming back ..I also dug your post and I will come back when I have some time to comment proper

all the best,

Kenny

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account