• Features & Ideas
  • will "verbose" CCC installs let me choose which instruments to install? (from a suite)
2015/07/11 17:25:31
jbraner
I don't want to overwrite my "full" version of truepianos...

I *could* just make a safe copy of the truepianos dll - to copy back on top of the overwritten one - but that's still messy...
2015/07/11 17:38:45
scook
By default the "TruePianos Cakewalk" installs in a folder called "True Piano." It has been some time since I installed the full TruePianos; I have it installed in a folder called "True Pianos." I supposed Cakewalk could clobber the full version if they decide to change the install path. I probably should change the full folder to be "True Pianos full version." I doubt Cakewalk would ever use that folder name.
2015/07/15 08:24:59
mudgel
I forget which way it works but one of the Truepianos files has x64 appended to the name. Either Cakewalk or Truepianos. So Ne won't clobber the other during installation.
2015/07/15 10:21:35
jbraner
I'll just make a safe copy of truepians then and bite the bullet ;-)

I'm away all week - but can do this next week.

Thanks ;-)
2015/07/19 19:18:19
jbraner
In case anyone is interested - CCC installed Truepianos to:
<my specified path>\True Piano
Since I use the path \Truepianos - I'm safe.

So, I still think it would be an improvement if the installers for the suites - could let us work with individual plugins. You could call this  "super verbose" ;-)
Just give us a tick box in the beginning (like the Cakewalk installer used to do when upgrading SONAR) to allow us to "disable" individual installs from the suite.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account