2015/07/15 16:12:31
somo
Hi all,
I am sorry for my English. I'm enjoy of using Sonar. For many years I have worked with Cubase and Ableton. I like testing and I tried other DAW e.g. Samplitude, Studio One etc. Sonar is very strong DAW. He got me despite with problems he has.  But I think it are a fundamental problems which should not have Sonar. I like, that Sonar team responds to the idea of the user. I believe that a lot of people about these problems already knows. And I believe that the team of Sonar these problems quickly removed.  Then the Sonar DAW will be strongest in the world! 

01.    Adjusted Screenshots do not work in all projects as well. When I create screenshots in one project and open another project, everything is gone and I must everything set up again.
02.    If I change position VU meter (Horizontal/Vertical) or set Narrow (Widen) Strips etc. in one project and then reopen this project, I must everything set up again. Inspector Window I must always docked too. Sonar should remember these basic facts!
03.    Changing the Volume Level - when I 2x click into a cell with a numerical value of Volume, I can’t enter a number Value on the numeric keypad.
04.    Sonar not remember zooming level of midi notes too - I open the project and must midi notes to zoom again.
05.    History in Sonar (Undo/Redo) not working well. Sonar is not saved everything. E.g. Volume of fader position.
06.    When I create a Track Template, Sonar not store all the information. E.g. I save a Track Template with NI Battery + MIDI Notes + Mapping. But Mapping is gone! I must set up the NI Battery (Mapping) again.
07.    Whenever I open a new project, I must to reactivate Full screen (Full Screen does not hold all the time).
08.    When I click on a  "*.mid"  file in Browser, Sonar does not play MIDI from the file trough VST Instrument.
---------------------------------------
09.    Please add the “Duplicate loop / loops / selection” Function. It is tedious to always use "Ctrl + Drag and Drop".
10.    Please add the Zooming with mousewheel, as E.g. Samplitude, Reaper or Sony Acid. It's incredibly effective!
11.    Please correct the loop points in the Ruler - When I place the Play cursor to the left or right side of the loop selection (loop points), I must always click on the piece next. Play cursor on the sides collides with loop points. This is awkward.
12.    When I add a track via hotkey, always is added to the end of the other. Correctly should create at a track that I selected.
13.    When I select multiple tracks, I do not move them all at once - it is not working. I must to drag and drop each separately. Related problem: all strips in the Console do not drag and drop(move)!
14.    CPU and Disk Performance Meter shows real only CPU Performance. Other parameters show nothing - HDD is always 100% etc. (= is it only bitmap?).
15.    Please make graphic of Sonar more slim - Sonar has too strong dividing lines, too many panels and so on ... today is a modern slim graphics. Please skins?
16. When I copy a sample using CTRL + mouse (+ drag and drop), so Sonar create next copy of the sample. When the project has a lot of copies of the Sample, the disc (HDD) has a higher performance and sound problems arise. Better to create links to the main sample.
2015/07/15 19:20:57
scook
Please avoid generating lists of unrelated ideas in the feature request area. It is difficult for others to comment about, update and vote on.

thanks
sc
2015/07/16 03:39:30
azslow3
I can not confirm (2) and (8), works fine for me.

(5)(10)(11)(15) are your questionable personal opinion and definitive not "fundamental problems"
2015/07/16 06:06:33
Notecrusher
This is a new poster on the forum. Welcome somo! It's perfectly understandable you didn't want to make 15 posts from the get-go! People can respond and then some of the ideas that get the most traction can be posted as separate threads for voting.

03.    Changing the Volume Level - when I 2x click into a cell with a numerical value of Volume, I can’t enter a number Value on the numeric keypad.
Dbl-click sets to zero by convention in Sonar but I'd like to see single-click allow for typing values in volume, panning, etc. 

04.    Sonar not remember zooming level of midi notes too - I open the project and must midi notes to zoom again.
+1 to this and all other examples of state that isn't saved when a project is closed. 

05.    History in Sonar (Undo/Redo) not working well. Sonar is not saved everything. E.g. Volume of fader position.
Yeah I've noticed Undo is rather arbitrary about what it considers an undoable action. 

10.    Please add the Zooming with mousewheel, as E.g. Samplitude, Reaper or Sony Acid. It's incredibly effective!
Mouse wheel WAD -- moves tracks up and down. You can zoom w/ ALT+mouse wheel and now click + dragging in the ruler which is the best!

15.    Please make graphic of Sonar more slim - Sonar has too strong dividing lines, too many panels and so on ... today is a modern slim graphics. Please skins?
This is kinda 3 requests in one, but I have to say this is by far the biggest issue of any you have raised. I have always hated the vertical rules in Sonar and despite changes I still struggle to tell where I am placing MIDI notes at almost any zoom level. Aim Assist? What a joke! Thing gets in the way more than it helps. I really wish Cakewalk would reimagine this part of the UI.
2015/07/16 10:56:55
somo
scook
Please avoid generating lists of unrelated ideas in the feature request area. It is difficult for others to comment about, update and vote on.

thanks
sc

sorry, I'm new here, thanks for the info....
2015/07/16 11:37:47
somo
azslow3
I can not confirm (2) and (8), works fine for me.

(5)(10)(11)(15) are your questionable personal opinion and definitive not "fundamental problems"

You're right, I corrected the post title. Thank you for the note.

2015/07/16 11:42:34
somo
Notecrusher
This is a new poster on the forum. Welcome somo! It's perfectly understandable you didn't want to make 15 posts from the get-go! People can respond and then some of the ideas that get the most traction can be posted as separate threads for voting.

Dbl-click sets to zero by convention in Sonar but I'd like to see single-click allow for typing values in volume, panning, etc. 

+1 to this and all other examples of state that isn't saved when a project is closed. 

Yeah I've noticed Undo is rather arbitrary about what it considers an undoable action. 

Mouse wheel WAD -- moves tracks up and down. You can zoom w/ ALT+mouse wheel and now click + dragging in the ruler which is the best!

This is kinda 3 requests in one, but I have to say this is by far the biggest issue of any you have raised. I have always hated the vertical rules in Sonar and despite changes I still struggle to tell where I am placing MIDI notes at almost any zoom level. Aim Assist? What a joke! Thing gets in the way more than it helps. I really wish Cakewalk would reimagine this part of the UI.

Thank you for the good post!
10 - I know, but this function is Sonar clumsy. I must with precision aim and functions also affects other Tracks. In Reaper or Samplitude is it more effective. Working with this function is much faster. I recommend!
2015/07/16 12:06:20
papacucku
Not sure I follow No 3. on the volume level. That is exactly what I do, I double click on the volume and type it in.  Are you saying you want to do that on one of the volume sliders? Cuz if you double click on the volume of a track , at least when its vertical like in console view you can edit the volume with the keyboard.
2015/07/16 13:23:59
somo
papacucku
Not sure I follow No 3. on the volume level. That is exactly what I do, I double click on the volume and type it in.  Are you saying you want to do that on one of the volume sliders? Cuz if you double click on the volume of a track , at least when its vertical like in console view you can edit the volume with the keyboard. 

Thank you, you're right! I do not know. But it does not work on audio tracks!
2015/07/16 13:35:56
somo
15 - e.g.
1) The panel no. 1 remove and integrate it into the main menu
2) time display no. 2 remove and keep it in the control bar
3) dividing line no. 3 and 4 are too thick (more slim nicer)

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account