2015/07/16 13:51:50
Notecrusher
papacucku
Not sure I follow No 3. on the volume level. That is exactly what I do, I double click on the volume and type it in.  Are you saying you want to do that on one of the volume sliders? Cuz if you double click on the volume of a track , at least when its vertical like in console view you can edit the volume with the keyboard.

Not in the console in TV.

2015/07/16 14:28:55
stickman393
somo
15 - e.g.
1) The panel no. 1 remove and integrate it into the main menu
2) time display no. 2 remove and keep it in the control bar
3) dividing line no. 3 and 4 are too thick (more slim nicer)

re: 1) "That ship has sailed". The X-series of SONAR simplified the main menu and moved related functions out of the menu and into the view window's "control strip". They aren't going to go backwards to SONAR 8 style.

That said, I didn't like that change either. But it is what it is.

re: 2) You know you can change units in each display? You can have bar:beat in one and minute:secs in the other. It's pretty useful.

re: 3) I think the reason the bar is thick is because it is actually two separator bars. The video strip or the navigator pane appears between the two bars, if you make them visible.
2015/07/16 14:34:23
scook
2. Set the track view time display to "None"
2015/07/16 16:06:19
somo
stickman393

re: 1) "That ship has sailed". The X-series of SONAR simplified the main menu and moved related functions out of the menu and into the view window's "control strip". They aren't going to go backwards to SONAR 8 style.

That said, I didn't like that change either. But it is what it is.

re: 2) May be it also in the Control Bar.

re: 3) I think the reason the bar is thick is because it is actually two separator bars. The video strip or the navigator pane appears between the two bars, if you make them visible.

1 - I am convinced that it is better
2 - If I delete the time display with the "none", there may not be an empty space - ineffective waste of space (usable for slim graphics)
3 - separators need not be so thick - users know that there is a video strip

I wish modern graphics that not tired eyes.
2015/07/16 16:15:06
somo
scook
2. Set the track view time display to "None"

Thank you, but it does not solve the problem with space. When I set "None", instead of the Time Display remains a big empty space. For what so much space? The devices are nowadays shrinking faster (laptops, tablets ...). Sonar must respond and exploid the unused space to the maximum.
2015/07/16 16:17:03
Kev999
stickman393
somo

re: 2) You know you can change units in each display? You can have bar:beat in one and minute:secs in the other. It's

Indeed. I always keep one of them set to musical time and the other to real time. Also, the two displays don't necessarily appear so close together as they are on the above screenshot. The toolbar is moveable.
2015/07/16 16:17:36
Doktor Avalanche
Notecrusher
This is a new poster on the forum. Welcome somo! It's perfectly understandable you didn't want to make 15 posts from the get-go! People can respond and then some of the ideas that get the most traction can be posted as separate threads for voting.

Agreed... That's why this probably belongs in Sonar forums.
2015/07/16 16:27:06
somo
Kev999
stickman393
somo

re: 2) You know you can change units in each display? You can have bar:beat in one and minute:secs in the other. It's

Indeed. I always keep one of them set to musical time and the other to real time. Also, the two displays don't necessarily appear so close together as they are on the above screenshot. The toolbar is moveable.

Agreed. However Sonar can do it an other time at the Control Bar as the next module. The user can turn on or off and move the module.
2015/07/16 16:28:51
scook
This is feature request and is being refined. It just got off to a shaky start. This has nothing to do with how to use SONAR. From what I can see, the request is a rewrite of the Skylight interface with an emphasis on tiny displays. Moving some elements around and eliminating white space where possible.
2015/07/16 17:29:39
Spencer
sonar has undo on a per fader basis, just right click on it. I like it, makes the undo list far less cluttered.

it is indeed fairly ghetto that you can lose sight of a cursor behind another cursor in the timeline.

8) works fine, use Synth Preview Output in the browser
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account