• Software
  • Comparing Sonar with Studio One
2017/11/28 18:21:50
ØSkald
I have tried to open the same project in Studio One and I have to say that the sound of Studio One Sucks compared to Sonar. I mean. It sounds like it doesn't have any depth. And things sounds nasal and harsh. There is 2 different plugins from the original project that i couldn't use in S1. Breverb and REmatrix Solo. I have almost the same reverbs in REmatrix insted. That should not be that big of a deal right? It just sound like there is no dynamic. Sonar has so much more depth in the sound.

Any other found this?
2017/11/28 18:38:57
jamesg1213
How about posting a clip of each to demonstrate what you mean?
2017/11/28 18:46:37
dannyjmusic
Haven't noticed it myseft
2017/11/28 18:53:00
Midiboy
I feel like my projects are cleaner in SO3 than they were in Sonar. 
2017/11/28 18:58:02
Sylvan
Jarsve
I have tried to open the same project in Studio One and I have to say that the sound of Studio One Sucks compared to Sonar. I mean. It sounds like it doesn't have any depth. And things sounds nasal and harsh. There is 2 different plugins from the original project that i couldn't use in S1. Breverb and REmatrix Solo. I have almost the same reverbs in REmatrix insted. That should not be that big of a deal right? It just sound like there is no dynamic. Sonar has so much more depth in the sound.

Any other found this?

I know exactly what you mean. I suspected I heard something different with Studio One so I started investigating. I ran some tests and came to the conclusion that SONAR sounds more open, deep, and clear. On my first test I can show exactly what I did and the results that prove there is a difference. I will run a stripped down more simple test soon to delve deeper on the subject.

But there is most definitely something to this.
2017/11/28 18:58:28
mettelus
Confused by the OP, since both play wav files identically. The lack of effects (Breverb, REmatrix) and possibly project settings will also affect playback differences.
2017/11/28 18:58:42
denverdrummer
I'm not a fan of Studio One's stock plugins. They sound very harsh and processed to me. Craig had a post up of getting the sonitis plugins to work with S1. You might want to try that.
2017/11/28 18:58:49
denverdrummer
I'm not a fan of Studio One's stock plugins. They sound very harsh and processed to me. Craig had a post up of getting the sonitis plugins to work with S1. You might want to try that.
2017/11/28 18:59:09
Sylvan
jamesg1213
How about posting a clip of each to demonstrate what you mean?

I will do that soon. Busy at the moment. But sometime this week I will do that. Keep a look out.
2017/11/28 19:03:28
Woodyoflop
Iv been using Studio One for about a day now and transferred some projects from Sonar, Iv found that the audio recordings sound about the same and the sound is very smooth in S1 to me anyways. But i also agree with others that stock plugins for S1 aren't great and i didn't like the sound they produced. I relied mostly on my 3rdparty plugins by Izotope, Waves, and even some of the Cakewalk plugins that still worked. Just my experience so far.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account