• Software
  • Comparing Sonar with Studio One (p.22)
2017/12/13 20:45:39
rodreb
Think I'll just go ahead and take advantage of the $149 special Sonar crossgrade. It's a very generous offer. Even if I eventually end up elsewhere, it can't hurt to have and learn Studio One.
I also thought this might be the time to finally go over to the dark side.... switch to Pro Tools. You know, the "industry standard". Then I looked at their strange, confusing, pricing structure.... Nope. (plus.... iLok.... Nope)
To be completely honest, I think I will probably end up on Studio One. It's not perfect but, it looks to me like the most reasonable alternative. I have always had respect for Presonus and feel they are a very ambitious company. And.... as far as I know, they are not owned by some big, conglomerate, soulless, evil, parent company! Ha ha! 
2017/12/14 20:10:11
danbottomburp
The metronome in studio one 3 is garbage, the sounds it makes is worse than I could program on my old commodore 64.
Im really liking the actual Daw and the work flow but the metronome sounds are really really really poor. 
2017/12/14 21:15:11
Tom B
danbottomburp
The metronome in studio one 3 is garbage, the sounds it makes is worse than I could program on my old commodore 64.
Im really liking the actual Daw and the work flow but the metronome sounds are really really really poor. 

The default settings on the metronome aren't my favorite either.  The metronome sounds can be changed by clicking on the wrench icon next to the metronome icon. There's an "Add Sound" option, which I haven't tried, but wonder if that's a way to load an audio file to customize the metronome sounds.
2017/12/14 21:15:39
Jeff Evans
You can select a range of metronome sounds. There is one in there that is really great. A real nice sharp click type of sound that is very good. You can also make your own, download and put them in the folder with the others and then increase your choices.
2017/12/14 21:15:45
batsbrew
danbottomburp

why don't you just change the sounds for the metronome?
2017/12/14 21:21:48
Tom B
 Looks like we are all posting similar suggestions at the same time!
2017/12/14 21:56:22
dcumpian
Just copy the Sonar metronome sounds...

Dan

2017/12/14 22:30:34
Rimshot
Can't believe someone complained about the metronome sound! 
Thanks to those who stated it can be changed easily. 
Yikes!
Maybe look before you leep?

2017/12/15 06:26:54
rodreb
Does anybody know if Studio One and the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 work well together?
2017/12/15 06:51:21
mettelus
I have used with the Saffire Pro 24 DSP without issues, but there is a weird nuance when shifting to/from ASIO in the last two builds for me. Studio One harps on Windows audio being in stereo mode, then does a do loop, but bring ASIO back and it starts using Windows audio (basically drive that with Windows settings in Win7 anyway).

If staying in ASIO mode, I have had no issues.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account