• Software
  • Overloud Welcomes Cake customers with free unlock codes (p.11)
2017/12/19 14:50:42
ptheisen
Beagle
soens
1. So only BREVERB2, TH3, and Remix are included? Not TH2, the Console or Tape Emulators?

2. I got TH3 to work entering the code but BREVERB opens with no way to change it. How do I?

those are PC only, so cake would have to release the proprietary agreement with them to allow that.  I don't see that happening any time soon.

First, I will say that I too am thankful for what Overloud has done, they were not obliged to do anything.

However, their motivation may not be quite as pure as it appears.

The argument that Overloud would not be able to unlock Pro Channel plug-ins is refuted by the fact that they did find a way to "unlock" REmatrix Solo by giving us REmatrix Player and a library derived from REmatrix Solo.

Why did they not "unlock" the console emulator? I think it is because the Pro Channel version is nearly identical to their full version of Tapedesk. The only easy way to "unlock" it would be to grant us a license to Tapedesk, but then there is no upgrade path to provide possible revenue for Overloud.

TH2 was made obsolete by TH3, so again there is no possible revenue generating upgrade path.

By contrast, the three plug-ins that were one way or another unlocked were all lite versions with a definite upgrade path, allowing possible revenue for Overloud. Again, there is nothing wrong with this, but it is perhaps not quite as selfless as it appears on the surface.
2017/12/19 15:20:45
Beagle
well - they're still in business to make money.  I don't have a problem with it.
2017/12/19 18:31:08
Ruben
Beagle
well - they're still in business to make money.  I don't have a problem with it.

Yes, what Beagle said. And it also could be an issue with older plugins and OL not wanting or being able to support them. 

Also, there may be different licensing issues that prevent them releasing some of the plugins. Cakewalk may have stopped production but that doesn't free anyone from licensing issues. 

2017/12/20 00:00:25
dubdisciple
I am not going to complain about any aspect of what Overloud did.  They owed us NOTHING and gave use something with no strings.
2017/12/20 01:59:53
Kev999
I've only managed to successfully download Breverb so far. The other two downloads (TH3 and REmatrix) keep failing.
2017/12/20 02:00:46
abacab
Overloud did us right.  They owed nothing, and what they offered was a cool gesture.  They do need to sell stuff to remain in business... 
2017/12/20 05:14:41
dubdisciple
did anyone else have trouble getting breverb to load in studio one ? it says it scanned it , yet does not appear
2017/12/20 12:16:53
abacab
dubdisciple
did anyone else have trouble getting breverb to load in studio one ? it says it scanned it , yet does not appear

No problems here.  Did you download and unlock the new version?  And hide the old one?
2017/12/20 15:01:28
mettelus
Quick sanity check... I downloaded these but not installed them yet, and MS Security Essentials flagged a worm in one of the 32-bit installers for either the Rematrix solo or Breverb download (I forget which it was now, but the 64-bit version was fine). I typically get both 32 and 64-bit downloads just because, but that caught me off guard. Did anyone else happen to download the 32-bit version that can confirm or deny this?
2017/12/20 15:01:40
dubdisciple
abacab
dubdisciple

No problems here.  Did you download and unlock the new version?  And hide the old one?

Yes. Very odd
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account