• Software
  • Overloud Welcomes Cake customers with free unlock codes (p.5)
2017/11/30 00:58:04
Kamikaze
abacab
fret_man
I guess the Cakewalk Tape and Console Emulator doesn't work with other DAWs?

I'll take a swing at that one and guess that anything tied exclusively to Pro Channel is a goner.  Will miss that Quad Curve EQ too.

Since Breverb is available as a VST, and Overloud has offered us unlock codes for their Cakewalk exclusives, that will now be portable to another DAW.

I think you are right, but overloud are saying ReMatrix Solo too, which we only had as a ProChannel, so that's cool

https://www.overloud.com/...mes-cakewalk-customers
2017/11/30 01:48:08
bapu
Email sent.

Breverb is the only once I really need as I already own the full TH3 and Rematrix.
2017/12/02 11:16:21
dlesaux
Been playing with the Tapedesk demo and can't wait to buy it with the discount! Anyone get the coupon codes yet?
2017/12/02 15:38:00
abacab
dlesaux
Been playing with the Tapedesk demo and can't wait to buy it with the discount! Anyone get the coupon codes yet?

This > http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3700686

Hello,
we just wanted to give you an update about the migration process.

While TH3 Cakewalk and BREVERB 2 Cakewalk were standard VST plug-ins, REmatrix SOLO was a ProChannel plug-in which is a SONAR proprietary plug-in format. We are working as quickly as we can to make its content available in all the standard plug-in formats. However this task is requiring a few more days than expected to fulfill all the QA tests. The final release is planned next Monday (Dec 4th). After that, we will start replying to the migration requests with proper instructions.

Thank you for your patience,
Overloud

2017/12/03 21:28:04
ØSkald
wow. thats fantastic.
2017/12/04 01:06:36
Sacalait
Very cool!  Thanks Beagle!
2017/12/04 04:05:36
cparmerlee
RSMCGUITAR
This is quite generous of them.

It is generous of Overloud.  It is also smart.  This does allow them to establish a DIRECT relationship with many SONAR users who have a very positive feeling about these plug-ins.  While they may not make many upgrade sales immediately, they will make some incremental business over time.

I hope other suppliers follow suit.  It is a win-win.

(P.S.  If I were in Overloud's position, I would have charged a small fee to unlock all of these plugs -- say $35.)
2017/12/04 04:42:53
cparmerlee
dlesaux
The GEM Tapedesk is the magic sauce from Sonar I was missing in StudioOne (i.e. Sonar tape and console emulation). I'm definitely jumping on that $99 deal when I get the coupon code!

I have been trying to understand how Overload's special upgrade product differ from what would come from the free unlocks.

The $99 Breverb has a lot of capability that is not in the SONAR limited version.  In particular, you can control the stereo placement.  It seems like that would be a major benefit.

I can't really see what the $129 Rematrix upgrade gives you, other than more signatures.  There are probably many features, but I can't see it anywhere.

On edit, I did more digging into the upgraded Rematrix.  The main thing it does is allow you to mix a bunch of different reverbs.  To my ears, this seems likely to make a muddy result. There is also additional post-processing, such as EQ and compression. I usually set up several verb buses as suggested by Mike Senior, but I never do all 5 that he suggests. In any case, I can easily put  separate compressors and EQs on the verb bus, so I don't any good reason to do this in the Rematrix plug itself. It seems like that is just asking for trouble, making things a lot more complicated than they need to be.  Besides, compression seems contradictory with adding reverb.  So I am not at all interested in the paid upgrade for Rematrix, although I do like the basic plug that Overloud will unlock for free.

As you say, the Tapedesk may be the sleeper here.  I am moving on to Cubase and I already have StudioOne.  I don't see any console or tape emulation at all in Cubase.  But please note that Overload is not offering a free unlock on Cakewalk's console and tape emulation.  I assume those modules were developed by Overloud especially for Cakewalk.  Overloud is only offering to upgrade you to their Tapedesk product for $99, compared to the normal $179 price.
https://www.overloud.com/products/tapedesk
Frankly I could never really hear much of a difference with the SONAR modules, but listening to the Overloud video, even on cheap PC speakers, I can hear the difference, and I like it.

Does anybody have any opinions about the value of upgrading either Breverb or Rematrix?  I am now leaning toward putting my Christmas money on the Tapedesk upgrade, as it fills a real hole in Cubase and StudioOne.
2017/12/04 11:30:08
telecharge
I got download links and serials for TH3 Cakewalk, Breverb 2 Cakewalk, and Rematrix Solo Library* about a half hour ago.

Also, this...

ALSO A SPECIAL OFFER FOR YOU
You can also upgrade to the full versions of these plugins by using the following discount coupons:
  • Upgrade to TH3 Full €119 / $119 (reg. price €299 / $299)
  • Upgrade to BREVERB 2 Full €99 / $99 (reg. price €199 / $219)
  • Upgrade to REmatrix Full €129 / $129 (reg. price €299 / $339)
  • Upgrade to Gem TAPEDESK €99 / $99 (reg. price €199 / $199) (possible replacement for Cakewalk Console Emulator and Tape Emulator)
*Please note that REmatrix Solo (ProChannel) has become a REmatrix library. You can use it with the REmatrix Player (free in all plugin formats).

Thank you, Overloud! This is most generous and kind!
2017/12/04 18:23:02
Beagle
yes, I got mine as well, but haven't had time to work on it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account