2015/01/23 01:27:48
thechurchboi
I hope that some of my suggestions here are already sorted in the newest version of my favorite DAW.

In order of whatever pops into mind...

1. Arranging Tracks - Hate hovering my cursor on a track until I find the up-down arrow symbol, which happens to be in the weirdest areas possible.
- Just get rid of the symbol altogether and make it so that clicking any blank space does the trick.

2. Meters - It would be nice if the option to turn segments off on meters, kept colors  - green and orange - unchanged.

3. Compacted Plug-in Buttons - Its not a good look when you load up a small plug-in and have to look at the grey space on the side that its not using up.
- Arrange all the buttons etc. closer to the left.

4. Improve Browser Searches - Searching for a file in the browser would not bring up any results if that file is in a folder. That's not a very helpful browser at all.

5. "Beatzone"/"Dropscape"? - Frankly, Beatscape, Dropzone and also Cyclone aren't very inspiring and is now pretty much obsolete in my view.
- As I hinted above with the names, create something new that can really make stuff happen with samples and (drum) pads. Something to rival Native Instruments' Battery.

6. Wave Export with Markers - Can a brutha have the option to export wave tracks with markers now?

7. Inspector Scrolling - Its very nice to scroll up and down in the Inspector, but its annoying when you move away from the Inspector and then try to scroll up/down in the Track View and the Inspector moves instead.
- Have it so that its focus-oriented, so once I've moved my cursor off of the Inspector, its no longer in focus and I can scroll up/down in the Track View without having to click on it first.

8. Exporting Stems with Custom Names
- When exporting tracks as stems (e.g instrument tracks) you always end up with the names of the soft synth that the instrument track is routed to instead of the custom name you give them. It's nice to know what soft synth I used on a track but it's nicer to see the names that I've given them.

I'll be back when I remember more...

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
ASUS Z77 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3770 @3.4Ghz
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM
SONAR X3e Producer
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
2015/01/23 09:25:45
dcumpian

thechurchboi
I hope that some of my suggestions here are already sorted in the newest version of my favorite DAW.

In order of whatever pops into mind...

1. Arranging Tracks - Hate hovering my cursor on a track until I find the up-down arrow symbol, which happens to be in the weirdest areas possible.
- Just get rid of the symbol altogether and make it so that clicking any blank space does the trick.

Yep...especially when I have shrunk the tracks to fit more on the screen.

thechurchboi
7. Inspector Scrolling - Its very nice to scroll up and down in the Inspector, but its annoying when you move away from the Inspector and then try to scroll up/down in the Track View and the Inspector moves instead.
- Have it so that its focus-oriented, so once I've moved my cursor off of the Inspector, its no longer in focus and I can scroll up/down in the Track View without having to click on it first.

Absolutely would love this one as well.

Regards,
Dan

2015/01/23 09:38:11
Woodyoflop
The inspector scrolling would focus change would be great. Can't tell u how many times iv switch to a different section of project trying to scroll ha. Not a huge deal breaker for me I love sonar. But just lil things like that make things easier and smoother.
2015/06/29 11:11:41
thechurchboi

9. More Options for Creating New Projects
I know this isn't something that's only in Sonar but it's sad to see that the only options you have when creating new projects is the name of the project, it's location and audio path, and template. I would also like the option to at least set my bitrates and sample rates without going into Preferences to change it!

10. Can't edit automation - by selecting/highlighting and dragging the upper part of the envelope - when the envelope is in jump mode.
2015/06/29 11:55:30
scook
Lists like this are not very useful. Especially if they are not maintained. SONAR now performs recursive searches in the browser. Unrelated feature requests should have their own threads.
2015/06/29 13:24:02
Spencer
old thread, but still- Battery 3 is so good, even NI themselves were not able to compete against it and Battery 4 was pathetic in comparison, so really I don't see how cakewalk, who don't exactly have a nice track record in regards to instruments (apparently envelope retriggers are complicated), would stand a chance. I've said it over and over, but the dead last thing cakewalk needs to make is, actually, anything at all that ends with .vst.
2015/06/29 19:19:37
thechurchboi
scook
Lists like this are not very useful. Especially if they are not maintained. SONAR now performs recursive searches in the browser. Unrelated feature requests should have their own threads.

Noted.
2015/06/29 19:26:19
thechurchboi
Spencer
old thread, but still- Battery 3 is so good, even NI themselves were not able to compete against it and Battery 4 was pathetic in comparison, so really I don't see how cakewalk, who don't exactly have a nice track record in regards to instruments (apparently envelope retriggers are complicated), would stand a chance. I've said it over and over, but the dead last thing cakewalk needs to make is, actually, anything at all that ends with .vst.

I hear that! I think I can now accept that Cakewalk simply isn't very good at developing certain software-related things. 
2015/06/29 19:31:58
Doktor Avalanche
If this was laid out as one request=one thread I might vote for some of these.
2015/07/01 10:55:49
Resonant Serpent
You can use preferences to set the meters to whatever color you like, including orange/green.

Or am I missing your point?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account