pwalpwal
i have no inside information
2015/07/14 12:01:38
Doktor Avalanche
You don't need it. It's all public.
2015/07/16 02:54:06
Notecrusher
Doktor Avalanche
Even now Cakewalk is (hopefully) fixing bugs and workflow issues that should have been resolved under Roland's watch..

That's exactly the point. They're not. They're building things that nobody ever wanted like paintable MIDI files and Drum Replacer while the Matrix sits in the same beta state it's been in for years and automation is still a joke. But I'm not going to turn this thread into yet another flame war over the state of Cakewalk. Suffice to say, I do not agree w/ your assessment. 
2015/07/16 03:26:30
jih64
Notecrusher

That's exactly the point. They're not. They're building things that nobody ever wanted like paintable MIDI files and Drum Replacer while the Matrix sits in the same beta state it's been in for years and automation is still a joke. But I'm not going to turn this thread into yet another flame war over the state of Cakewalk. Suffice to say, I do not agree w/ your assessment. 

I think that's a bit harsh. They may or may not have fixed things yet that we as individuals may have wanted to be fixed, but I'm pretty sure if you look through the release notes of the various releases to date, there you will find quite a number of issues fixed, and that process is ongoing.

I for one like the "paintable MIDI files" and a number of other things they have brought to the table, I find very useful.
2015/07/16 06:43:29
Notecrusher
jih64
Notecrusher

I think that's a bit harsh. They may or may not have fixed things yet that we as individuals may have wanted to be fixed, but I'm pretty sure if you look through the release notes of the various releases to date, there you will find quite a number of issues fixed, and that process is ongoing.

I for one like the "paintable MIDI files" and a number of other things they have brought to the table, I find very useful.

Do you know why I'm even here posting tonight? I fired up Splat to work on a project I'm really excited about. But it won't play. It's one of those infamous Sonar ****ed projects that JUST WON'T PLAY. Oh, I tried to fix it, tried to make it behave, but it's no use. So now I have to transfer every track, every synth, every effect out of that project and into a fresh project in order to reconstruct it so I can work on it again. Workflow? HAHAHAHAHA. My buzz is killed. The thrill is gone. I'm looking at 2 hours of work to get back to ground zero. And I have been here before.
2015/07/16 08:48:48
jih64
Well I'm sorry to hear that, but what are you going to do ? Do you know another DAW that has no bugs, where it will be smooth sailing for eternity ? The sun will rise tomorrow, you will get it sorted, and seeing as you have been there before, at least you're walking the beaten path, and not not unfamiliar territory

My point and comments still stand, you can't just point blankly say "That's exactly the point. They're not." when the truth is they are, just that your particular problem seems to not be fixed as yet. I don't think there would be to many people hanging around here if they were truly not fixing anything.

All the best with your troubles.
2015/07/16 09:46:47
dcumpian

Notecrusher
jih64
Notecrusher

Do you know why I'm even here posting tonight? I fired up Splat to work on a project I'm really excited about. But it won't play. It's one of those infamous Sonar ****ed projects that JUST WON'T PLAY. Oh, I tried to fix it, tried to make it behave, but it's no use. So now I have to transfer every track, every synth, every effect out of that project and into a fresh project in order to reconstruct it so I can work on it again. Workflow? HAHAHAHAHA. My buzz is killed. The thrill is gone. I'm looking at 2 hours of work to get back to ground zero. And I have been here before.

If that happened to me, even once, I'd be looking for another DAW. But it has never happened (knock on wood) in all of the years I have worked with CWPA and Sonar.

I suspect there is something particular in your setup that is causing this, most likely a flaky VST.

Regards,
Dan

2015/07/16 17:08:27
Brando
I have to agree with Dan. Although I agree with some of Notecrusher's sentiments with respect to prioritizing the fixing of longstanding issues in favour of new feature development, I would never have any cause to critique sonar's stability which has been great, and solid. There has to be a system based cause for instability like that, (even though it isn't easy to hear).
2015/07/16 18:15:11
Doktor Avalanche
Notecrusher

I like to think I tell it how it is, and suffer the consequences later. That has never happened to me ever in any version of Sonar. That is the truth. You should look at your environment... Start with Sonar safe mode.
2015/07/16 18:27:26
Doktor Avalanche
Thoughts are.. if you are running Replika roll back a version. Run Sonar as Administrator .. Run windows update. Update your interface firmware and drivers. Disable your virus scanner. Perform a vst reset.. And then a rescan. Run intel driver update Run Sonar in safe mode, remove plugins one by one ... Still issues?... Start a new thread in Sonar forum.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account