2015/05/10 17:56:16
Notecrusher
Option for the MultiDock splitter bar to reset to the height you set it at for each tabbed view whenever you select that tab. The views you dock in there can vary wildly in size from the matrix to the piano roll to the marker list to VST's. It's a pain to resize the window every time you select a tab. I think this would make the MultiDock much more powerful.
2015/05/10 20:36:26
BobF
I almost always have the multidock floating on a second display, but when it isn't ... this would be very helpful
2015/05/14 08:46:24
mudgel
Even on a second monitor it would be helpful if the Multidock just opened to the size of the view it contains. It would make it practical to put plugins in there.
Of course then having multiple Multidock views open when the views they contain are smaller than the whole screen, allowing you to see multiple plugin GUIs simultaneously.
2015/05/14 08:55:51
BobF
That could be true in some cases, but my largest (widest) MD tab is always Console View.  I hate having to scroll the Console, so I keep the MD as wide as I need for the console until I reach full display width.

I realize this is just my use of it, but I wouldn't be able to use it if it auto-sized itself.  I'm way too OCD about my display layouts for that  :)
2015/05/14 09:44:17
mudgel
I meant that I want each tabbed view to open to the size of the view it contains, remembering that for instance Console view is open full screen but a plugin view also tabbed could be smaller as in the size of the plugin. Also allow you to use something like select+Ctrl to open multiple tabbed views.
2015/05/14 10:08:20
BobF
Mike - Sorry, I guess I'm not following.  If I understand the MD correctly, all of the tabs are going to be the size of the main MD frame.

Are you talking about having multiple tabs being display S x S inside of one MD frame?
2015/05/14 13:59:06
mudgel
Yes. I think so?.

Let's see if I can explain it properly.
I run the Multidock on my second monitor with the console as the only tabbed view inside it.
You can run many views within the Multidock and each one will have a tab.
If you insert a plugin into the Multidock, when opened it occupies the whole screen which will be a mostly blank area with the plugin only taking up a small part of that space.
What I would like is to be able to automatically size the MD window to plugin size instead of occupying the whole window.
If we could then enable multiple tabbed views from the multi dock to be opened we could view multiple plugins on the one screen. I can do this by just dragging plugins to the second monitor but if in the Multidock they become tabbed and only one per screen. I hope that's clearer. Words without pictures. Argh!
2015/07/17 01:27:57
icontakt
I want this feature now.
2015/07/17 07:18:36
Kev999
I like this idea of a blank tab in the Multidock, where the user can put several small GUIs there and move them around as required:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=3112729
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account