2017/11/30 09:19:11
Arnd Kaiser
Dear Sonar Users,

I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Arnd Kaiser, General Manager at PreSonus Software in Hamburg/Germany. We’re the development team behind Studio One, Notion, Capture and many other software components used in PreSonus products. As many others at PreSonus we were shocked by the news we received last week. It hurts to lose so much creative effort and so many talented people. We met many Cakewalk people over the years and as much as we’ve been competitors, we’ve also been technology partners (both using ARA technology co-developed by Celemony and PreSonus). 

On my side is Matthias Juwan (Chief Technology Officer), who is leading the development team and created the Studio One framework more than ten years ago. This cross-platform framework has grown and matured over the years and is now a foundation for many PreSonus software and hardware products as well as the key to our software/hardware integration. Matthias and myself, together with several senior developers on our team worked at Steinberg before joining PreSonus. I held the position of Product Manager for Cubase for 8 years. At PreSonus we found the perfect environment for realizing our own DAW ideas and principles. 

Studio One is based an a few core concepts which combine familiar features and workflows with some new and unique creative  ideas: 

• simple and intuitive drag&drop operation helps keeping simple tasks really simple
  • context-sensitive controls to avoid complex menu-diving
  • key commands and macros allow for super-fast operation and workflow customization

I encourage you to take Studio One for a spin and find out about the similarities and differences compared to Sonar. Our special crossgrade offer extends to the end of this year. That’s plenty of time to discover what’s in it. Feel free to head over to the Forum or the Answers site to discuss. You will find a lot of useful tips and tricks to get the most out of Studio One. 

Many of the new features and improvements we’ve added to Studio One over time go back directly to feedback from the user community. I encourage you to send us your ideas at https://answers.presonus.com/index.php . We‘ll take a close look and discuss what can be added in future updates. 

Kind regards
Arnd

Added links
2017/11/30 12:16:06
cclarry
Thanks Arnd for coming!
2017/11/30 12:27:02
Grem
Thanks for posting Arnd. 

I was at the first Presonusphere held in Baton Rouge a few years back. There were lots of discussion and explanation about how Studio 1 was built from the ground up to be a very efficient and capable DAW.

I got on board with S1 2. And started to dive into the new more mature program. But soon after I started learning S1, CW came out with X1 and I ended up diving in head first with them and not really going back to S1. 

Well since CW's sudden demise has prompted me to make a move, it was natural for me to go with S1. It was a great BF deal that I got. So I am now on board.

Thanks again for taking the time to address the forum members and making this generous offer to Sonar users.
2017/11/30 13:01:09
35mm
Thanks for the info Arnd.

Is there any kind of deal for getting both Studio One Pro and Notion together on the crossgrade?
2017/11/30 16:21:26
Arnd Kaiser
35mm
Thanks for the info Arnd.

Is there any kind of deal for getting both Studio One Pro and Notion together on the crossgrade?

There's no direct crossgrade for both, but if you use the current special crossgrade from Sonar, you can then purchase a "crossgrade" from Studio One to Notion. Check our online shop for details. 
2017/11/30 16:29:51
Zargg
Thanks for commenting here, Arnd.
S1 is per today the only contender for me, due to ARA and Console 1 integration.
I also appreciate the extended timeline given us to make that decision.
All the best.
2017/11/30 16:38:27
michaelhanson
Arnd, thank you for posting this.  I just purchased Studio One today and your message brings with it a greater comfort.  I look forward to a long relationship with Presonus, like I have had with Cakewalk.  
2017/11/30 16:55:45
TerraSin
Arnd, thanks for posting here. I've emailed Presonus multiple times now and I've received no answer:

If I buy the crossgrade for Sonar and decide Studio One isn't for me and want to sell it...

Can I only sell that license to another Sonar user?
Can I sell the license to anyone who wants to crossgrade?
Or can I sell the license to anyone who wants to buy Studio One as a full license?

I'm assuming this is a crossgrade license only if I choose to sell it at some point but I wanted to clarify that.
2017/11/30 17:13:16
Starise
Thank you Arnd. I appreciate you coming over here.

I posted in the thread on why I chose SO3PRO over Cubase. It has the icon that says I posted, but it must have been deleted. I don't think I said any bad words. A mod must have yanked it for reasons unknown.

I won't repost all of what I typed. I'll simply say I think SO3PRO is the best thing going besides Sonar. With Sonar going away my choice was obvious. I will use SO3PRO as my main daw. All others are secondary at this point. I am utterly impressed with the rate at which Studio One has matured over these last several years. Don't think for a minute your work has gone unnoticed. Many here, like myself have been using Studio One and Sonar together for some time. I think you and your team should be congratulated on such fine work that you can be proud of.

You have found a good synchronicity between function and ease of use. Starting SO in cross platform was genius as well.

Thank you again,

All the best to you and the rest at Presonus!

2017/12/01 02:27:16
gbowling
Thanks Arnd, I purchased SO on the Black Friday deal and won't look back. There are already things I like better about SO and a few things I miss from Sonar (Track Templates). So far there are more positives than negatives, so all is good.

I look forward to as long a stand with SO as I had with Sonar, which is too many years to mention.

gbow
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account