• Software
  • Studio One - Introduction (p.2)
2017/12/01 19:08:51
35mm
Anyone who ordered through JRRShop, how long did it take for them to get back to you with keys and stuff after you placed the order? I ordered S1 and Notion (both on crossgrade) I've been waiting for 11 hours so far.
2017/12/01 19:17:12
groovey1
I placed my order on Wednesday 9pm, got the registration code on Thursday 4pm.
2017/12/03 02:00:42
cityrat
So much to research -  I cannot find the offer for SONAR to Studio One.  Nor can I remember the price - can someone please post a link?

And I didnt understand - what was the way to get "Notion" along with Studio One?  For ???

How long is the deal for?

2017/12/03 02:43:31
35mm
cityrat
So much to research -  I cannot find the offer for SONAR to Studio One.  Nor can I remember the price - can someone please post a link?

And I didnt understand - what was the way to get "Notion" along with Studio One?  For ???

How long is the deal for?

Here https://www.jrrshop.com/presonus-studio-one-professional-crossgrade-v3. There is no deal to get Notion with it, but Overture is also on sale for Sonorites (in another thread) and you can also use that to buy the crossgrade to Notion (from JJR) - the cost of Overture and Notion crossgrade is less than Overture on its own, and both Overture and Notion are great software.
2017/12/03 04:33:24
michaelhanson
35mm
Anyone who ordered through JRRShop, how long did it take for them to get back to you with keys and stuff after you placed the order? I ordered S1 and Notion (both on crossgrade) I've been waiting for 11 hours so far.

Got mine the next day.
2017/12/04 18:22:25
Arnd Kaiser
Wow! Thanks so much for all your kind words. I look forward to hearing more about your new journey. Please make good use of the Studio One forum and "Answers". :)

Re. crossgrades and selling the license: I need to find out about that myself, actually. But - honestly - why would you do that at all? ;-)
2017/12/04 18:41:53
werewindle
Just to add some feedback their support team are very quick with a response and very helpful too. I had 2 tickets and open and they were very helpful in fact I closed both tickets yesterday. One of the reasons I chose them was the full integration with Console 1, and now that I am up to speed am about to start migrations from SONAR.
2017/12/04 19:25:13
35mm
I guess Presonus are very fulfilling orders for Sonarians at the moment because after ordering from JJR last week it was a good two days before I received my license for S1 and I still haven't received the license for Notion yet!
2017/12/17 02:19:44
abacab
Got it!  Very nice, thanks!!!
2017/12/17 02:51:08
cparmerlee
Arnd, Thank you for spending time here. I purchased StudioOne Pro last summer, mainly to collaborate with another artist.  At that time, I wasn't particularly eager to split time with SONAR because I felt I got better results faster with SONAR.

Be that as it may, I was very impressed with how intuitive the most common operations are in StudioOne.  I know that did not happen by accident.  That is the result of planning and vision, and I commend you and your team for that.  I also commend you for the concept of a specific mastering mode, rather than just encouraging people to throw some "mastering stuff" on the main mixing bus.  What you did there makes very good sense to me.  I had already invested in Ozone, and I believe I can achieve a higher quality result with Ozone (of course, I could use the Ozone plugs in the S1 mastering function.)  I certainly have used your mastering section to assemble CDs.

Finally, I want to congratulate you and your team for being the first to really recognize the possibilities that can come from the convergence of DAW and notation.  I view the current software as a first step that is not terribly useful as it exists today.  However, if you can get to the point that a user can compose freely in MIDI and in notation, at liberty to move from one mode to the other and back again, this will be enormously powerful and will expand the potential DAW market to include a large number of people who compose in notation.

In short, I think you are headed in a good direction.  Having said that, I am moving to Cubase as my main replacement for SONAR because I believe Cubase is considerably more advanced than S1 presently, e.g. in the chord support.  And I really cannot consider Notion at this stage because it is not nearly up to the functional level of Finale, which I have used for ~ 20 years.

Things change.  I don't see Finale keeping up, and expect to see them go the way of SONAR before too long.  I hope Notion and S1 will continue to advance rapidly because we will need those solutions.  And I am certainly not throwing away by S1 license.  I will certainly use S1 as needed for collaborations, and I will probably choose S1 over Cubase on any project that is likely to need Molodyne.

I wish you and your team well.  The work you are doing is recognized and appreciated.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account