• Software
  • For those moving to FL Studio
2017/12/19 14:44:57
Royal Yaksman
Support this feature request that will bring standard audio recording/takes/comping features to FL:

FR: "Recordlist" for a linear approach to audio recording:

http://forum.image-line.c...ach+to+audio+recording
2017/12/21 18:46:13
cboshuizen
It's interesting, I'm on the fence about this. I like FL for its non-linear approach, and I've used FL and Cakewalk/Sonar alternately side by side since FL came out, and I produce radically different music in each. I can generally recreate the same projects in the opposite DAW, so they aren't limited in capability, but the different workflows lead to different creative ideas. Sometimes constraints lead to creating solutions, and so I kind of like there being arbitrary constaints in my software.

What are your arguments in the other direction? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.
2017/12/22 06:02:42
Royal Yaksman
cboshuizen
Sometimes constraints lead to creating solutions, and so I kind of like there being arbitrary constaints in my software.

What are your arguments in the other direction? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

Having FL be able to do both linear and non-linear would stop people having to use other solutions for audio heavy projects. That is not to say that you can't do an all audio project in FL already, but it takes piles more clicks and planning.

A lot of electronic artists only record a couple of sentences of vocals per song. Often if the piece does happen to have a lot of words, double tracked vox and backups. They are dragging the files in, that were completed in another DAW. So they don't really have to fight with the limitations for hours.

Automatic comping and ARA additions would be something that would fit into a linear timeline better than the MPC styled rack for everything. I guess it comes down to Image Line have put years of love into the midi side of the program, now some love for the audio side would be great. There was another FR that talked about expanding rack capabilities so that you could basically open up a record channel in the rack and it would continuously expand out, the more you recorded into it. Which could work, but I think the Recordlist feature would simplify certain steps and procedures.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account