• SONAR
  • How to convert keyboard "Style" to" Sysex" file?
2013/11/07 02:34:25
ramtin
Dear Friends,
I had connected a “Technics SX KN 1000” Keyboard to My laptop supported by “windows 7 64 bit” via M-Audio UNO MIDI-USB cable, using Sonar x1.
I am working with very powerful style converter software which is called “Style works XT universal”. The software let you to make Style (Intro, Fill in, Passage, variations) from midi tracks corresponded to the Keyboard which you had already configured to work. In addition it let you to convert Style of a keyboard to another model or even other brands. For example you are able to convert “Korg PAX2” styles to “Technics SX KN 1000”. Any keyboard has its own formats for “user Style” (the style which is created by user) to apply in internal memory. As my keyboard is not equipped by any external memory device, at first, I have to convert the styles to Sysex file and then send it directly to the Keyboard from My laptop.
Does anybody know how it would be possible in Sonar or any other software?
2013/11/09 04:31:02
ramtin
Does anybody have any idea?

2013/11/09 11:01:52
fb.seeker
Record the parts you want to use keyboard internally. 
These should contain Technics sysex commands built into them.
Save this recording.  Transfer midi to your PC.
Pages 71+ in your factory manual.

Load into your style maker.

When creating Yamaha Multipads I created short midi's(12-14 measure) using CM7 chord.
Then edited it within a different DAW, but it worked just fine.

2013/11/09 14:46:50
LHong
Have a look MIDIOX
  http://www.midiox.com/ 

May be it does what you need!
P/S: for some reasons, I couldn't get the direct link here!

Good luck!

2013/11/09 16:27:24
jbraner
I don't really understand what you're trying to do (because your "style" looks like a MIDI sequence) but you can definitely record Sysex into SONAR - and also send it to any MIDI device.

Read the manual (I'm not being funny, but I don't know what level you're at, or where to start explaining) and check your MIDI settings in "Preferences" to make sure that send/receive Sysex is enabled.

basically, you just set SONAR to record, then press some button combination ( you need to check your keyboard's manual) to send a Sysex dump. Then the Sysex info is part of the SONAR file - so you can send it out to any other keyboard - when you hit "play".

BUT - I don't know if this is actually what you want to do...
2013/11/09 17:48:37
Jeff Evans
Hi ramtin as usual an interesting problem! To those reading this thread I think the OP refers to being able to create a style of your own and somehow get it back into the Technics keyboard as some form of user style then.

I would start by trying to get the styles out of “Style works XT Universal” perhaps in the form of sysex dumps into your Technics. If it can generate a file that the Technics will recognise then sending styles across may be a possibility. Remember the keyboard can send certain parts of its memory to a sequencer or midi data program such as MidiOx, and get it back so that is one way to do it.

There may be another way in your Technics to somehow put it into record style mode and record the incoming midi data. You would have to sync the Technics clock wise to your sequencer. There is a mode when you are creating styles that is real time. The idea is you play in live your parts. However I bet any incoming midi data is also recorded. You might have to create the style in Style Worx or Sonar. Then use the sequencer to play back various parts of the styles one by one while those sections are put into real time record mode.  Just some ideas. I will check the manual a bit further.

2013/11/10 01:20:39
ramtin
fb.seeker
Record the parts you want to use keyboard internally. 
These should contain Technics sysex commands built into them.
Save this recording.  Transfer midi to your PC.
Pages 71+ in your factory manual.

Load into your style maker.

When creating Yamaha Multipads I created short midi's(12-14 measure) using CM7 chord.
Then edited it within a different DAW, but it worked just fine.

Dear Fb.seeker,
Thanks a lot for your nice advice. It could be so helpful when I was going to send style from keyboard to PC.
But I am exactly in opposite side,That means that I have already create my desire style in my PC using a very Powerful software called “Style works XT universal”. It means that the style have been already created and saved in my PC by ".CMP" extension. Now I am going send the file to my “Technics SX KN 1000” Keyboard.If there was any chance to change the format to Sysex which be compatible with my keyboard, it was the best solution as, I had experienced sending/receiving style in Sysex format.Or any other way to send it through midi cable to the keyboard is appreciated .
Regards

2013/11/10 01:33:22
ramtin
jbraner
I don't really understand what you're trying to do (because your "style" looks like a MIDI sequence) but you can definitely record Sysex into SONAR - and also send it to any MIDI device.

Read the manual (I'm not being funny, but I don't know what level you're at, or where to start explaining) and check your MIDI settings in "Preferences" to make sure that send/receive Sysex is enabled.

basically, you just set SONAR to record, then press some button combination ( you need to check your keyboard's manual) to send a Sysex dump. Then the Sysex info is part of the SONAR file - so you can send it out to any other keyboard - when you hit "play".

BUT - I don't know if this is actually what you want to do...

Dear jbraner,
Thank you very much.I got that you are serious to help me on this problem.I am exactly going to transfer a style which has already created by "Style works Xt universal" to my keyboard "Tecknics SX KN 1000".

Regards
Ramtin
2013/11/10 01:39:37
ramtin
LHong
Have a look MIDIOX
  http://www.midiox.com/ 

May be it does what you need!
P/S: for some reasons, I couldn't get the direct link here!

Good luck!

Dear LHong,
Thanks for your offer, 
I have already used the software.But had'nt seen any option for this particular case, in Midi-ox Tabs,If you Know any option there which can help me on the case please do the favor to me
Regards
Ramtin

2013/11/10 02:16:29
ramtin
Jeff Evans
Hi ramtin as usual an interesting problem! To those reading this thread I think the OP refers to being able to create a style of your own and somehow get it back into the Technics keyboard as some form of user style then.

Hi dear Jeff,Yes It is a new challenge,and I am serious to be overcome by using advice of wise friends like you.

Jeff Evans
I would start by trying to get the styles out of “Style works XT Universal” perhaps in the form of sysex dumps into your Technics. If it can generate a file that the Technics will recognise then sending styles across may be a possibility. Remember the keyboard can send certain parts of its memory to a sequencer or midi data program such as MidiOx, and get it back so that is one way to do it.

Actually I had tried it Before,But it output was Style format with ".cpm" extension and Midi and GM file with ".mdi" extention.I really hope you can find an Syx output compatible with "Technics sx kn 1000" keyboard and if it happens the Problem will solve.

Jeff Evans
There may be another way in your Technics to somehow put it into record style mode and record the incoming midi data. You would have to sync the Technics clock wise to your sequencer. There is a mode when you are creating styles that is real time. The idea is you play in live your parts. However I bet any incoming midi data is also recorded. You might have to create the style in Style Worx or Sonar. Then use the sequencer to play back various parts of the styles one by one while those sections are put into real time record mode.  Just some ideas. I will check the manual a bit further.

It is so practical approach that I had experienced it before. In case that, I cannot find any other way I have to come back to it.
On this method, I have to record 7 times, track by track, on real-time composer mode to fill "Drum" ,"Base", "acc1", "acc2","acc3","poly1","poly2".There are two restrictions.
  1. It is so time consumable 
  2. It is hard to match the measures on real-time mode.
Therefore, I have to find a better way to transfer the created style in the PC to my keyboard!
Regards,
Ramtin

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account