MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing!

Author
avablink182
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2010/12/10 23:14:41 (permalink)

MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing!

hi, i'm new here, my name is stephen! i just recently got music creator 5 LE 3 days ago. i'm having many troubles installing it:/...here goes I"M SORRY IF THIS GETS CONFUSING!

i open up the program and click "create new file"
problem 1: i only have 2 templates "blank" and "normal"

i create my new project and a box comes up "MISSING PLUG-INS"
reads: "the following plug-ins are referred to by this project, but could not be found. They may be missing or improperly installed on your system. The original plug-in state is saved by stand-in plugins, and will be restored if you save the project and subsequently load it on a system where the plug - ins are properly installed. Warning: if you loaded this file in "safe mode", over writing this file will result in the permanent loss of these effects" and inside the box it has this highlighted "Cakewalk Soundcenter (Synth Rack)

i've tried doing the "options - global - vst plug ins - scan" thing....but i can't open up like soft synth or anything! and i have no loops!

i can go up to "view" and to "synth rack" but i can't do anything everything is like gray lettering and wont let me click on it..

under the "preview synth" section all i have is (Cakewalk Soundcenter 1) with DIS in a box next to it..
in the "audio preview bus" section i only have "master" "none" and "realtek speakers"

just like i can't access any synths...any loops..any midi files...nothing....i've un-installed it and re-installed it 5 times now..

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!!!

i'm really sorry if this got confusing!

thanks again ! ~ steve

17 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 00:25:58 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    Have you downloaded and installed the MC 5 LE updates and patches? The link for those are in one of the posts by Cakewalk staff at the top of the forum page.
    If you're starting a new project then there couldn't possibly be any plug-ins to refer to, so ignore that message. I think.
    The template problem may be resolved with the update, too, but I don't know how many templates MC 5 LE came with, so maybe it only has 2?
    Normal will be okay, that's usually 1 (or 2) audio track and 1 (or 2) MIDI track. Add more if you want them. Blank will also work; just right-click in the track pane and select Insert Audio Track or Insert MIDI track. Do that for as many tracks as you think you'll need for the project.
    See if that update does anything for you.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 01:27:52 (permalink)
    It's likely that the help files include stuff that isn't included in the LE version. That's common, and can make things very confusing for a beginner.

That "Missing plugin" -message could somehow root to a template or a tutorial included in the full version(?????)

Are you running 64 or 32 bits?? Please put your PC and soundcard specs in your signature. That helps us to help you. 

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    avablink182
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 11:59:32 (permalink)
    its a 32 bit vista...and it came with the samson recording pack thing.....but like where do i see the loops? and everything?
    avablink182
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:15:03 (permalink)
    p.s. i just downloaded the update...and still nothing....i can't access the "soft synths" and the "reWire devices"

can't find any loops:/ should i just give up on this program?
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:15:11 (permalink)
    So, am I correct in assuming that you bought a sampson USB mic and MC5 was bundled with it?

If so.......

USB mics DO NOT work very well with Cakewalk.... too many problems involved in setting them up properly. It is a challenge for experienced users to do..... let alone for someone new to recording. You are basically using 2 different soundcards, which is very confusing for MC5, and the 2 sound cards don't sync together so you have all sorts of playback and recording problems. Those USB mics are OK for podcasting but not for home recording.

If that's what you have, I suggest returning it. Use the credit to buy a USB interface (also called an external soundcard) and a good (normal)  mic, with MC5 boxed version. That's a GOOD place to start.

It helps to have the right tools for the job.

When ever you open a project that asks for certain plug ins, and they are not found on your system, that message is shown. No biggie, the project will still open and run. If the plugs are synths, you will have silent midi tracks until a working synth is plugged in.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    avablink182
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:22:20 (permalink)
    well im not even using the mic..i havent installed the mic , and wasn't planning on it...and i have an M-audio interface currently right now, but whats the deal with not finding any loops or anything?
    Guitarhacker
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:28:01 (permalink)
    OK very good....

Remember what version you have.... In the OP you said you have MC5LE. The LE version is a stripped down version. It is bundled with other products and basically given away as a freebie. It's a teaser to get you to want to use the full version of MC5.

I do not have the LE version so I can not be 100% sure, but I would be willing to wager that the LE version does not have them included with it. And likely you are missing some of the synths and other options as well.

The LE version will probably do just enough to get you recording some basic stuff. Audio and midi with a limited number of synths included.

I'll go see if I can find info on MC5 LE and get right back.

BMI/NSAI

avablink182
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:28:59 (permalink)
    okay thanks a lot man! i'm sorry for the hassle!
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:36:49 (permalink)
    I am pretty sure the LE version did not come with loops.  probably not with softsynths and probably not many FX either.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    avablink182
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:39:09 (permalink)
    okay thanks a lot everyone for the help! i currently am using M-audio Session....Mixcraft 4 & 5.....and Sony acid music studio 8, and was hoping to add music creator 5 to the list but i guess i might just have to go out and buy it!
    Guitarhacker
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:40:00 (permalink)
    no problem.... I found it in the products area... you have 1 synth and it says you are supposed to have loops but....... I'm not going to be much help in finding the loops. I don't use loops in my recording so I never went looking for them.

I know there are some drum loops (preset drum patterns) in there, but I think that is the extent of the loops.

It is a limited product ... from looking at the chart comparison to MC5 full version.

weekends are a bit slower here in the forum.... so you might have to wait a few days to get someone that knows and uses the loops functions.

First thing you need to do is be sure you can actually playback music. Set up an audio track and import a wave or MP3 into it and use MC to play it back. If you have sound you are golden.

Once you have sound, it is then possible to insert the one synth you do have and using your mouse in PRV (piano roll view) OR in staff view, you can click and insert notes in that manner to create bass tracks and other instruments.  The easier way is to use a midi keyboard or a controller to actually play the parts in to the tracks.

MC5 might be classified as a beginners DAW but I can tell you from experience that it is a very capable DAW, upon which you can record top quality music. All the music I do is recorded on MC4, the predecessor to MC5. I have both versions.

BMI/NSAI

avablink182
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 12:42:53 (permalink)
    i did just find some loops like only Kick & snare patterns..but i can't hear them when i add them to the track like you said.
    Beagle
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 13:23:20 (permalink)
    are they midi or audio loops?

avablink182
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 14:05:52 (permalink)
    i believe midi ..not sure..i dont remember where i got them, but i un-installed the program i'm done messin with it, i'll just go out and buy the real one i guess.
    Beagle
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 14:07:48 (permalink)
    ok.

Guitarhacker
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/11 16:25:42 (permalink)
    come back if you have problems installing or running the real MC5

BMI/NSAI

Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    Re:MANY QUESTIONS! sorry if this gets confusing! 2010/12/12 02:28:58 (permalink)
    I would take back the sampson thing and buy the full thing, but i would also ask why, it you have mixcraft, and sony acid why add another program that does essentially the same thing. Get good at what you have, and then if you need more add a program that with add to the process, or buy a top end product that gives you something, but owning three or four low end programs, just gives you a lot of redundancy.

I use MC5 on occasion, and also PG's RB, and BiaB but all these do different things, so they compliment, where MC and Mixcraft are the same with the exception that the loops are built into Mixcraft.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1