M-Audio Axiom 49 and Sonar

Author
Grumbleweed_
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 915
2009/07/13 03:13:12 (permalink)

M-Audio Axiom 49 and Sonar

This is a strange one. I've been working with/testing the Record beta so I haven't used Sonar (latest version) for a bit. Yesterday I thought I'd boot it up for a play and found that the keys, pitch bend and mod controllers on my Axiom aren't being recognised.
I have re-installed the drivers and generally tried everything I can (reset the keyboard, loaded the basic Axiom 49 settings from Enigima) to make it work with Sonar but nothing. Sonar recognises the Axiom as a midi controller (USB) and the ACT control surfaces work (dials and sliders) using the "Preset 20" from the list of controllers.

If I boot up Reason and Record they both work totally fine with the Axiom. It looks to me as though Sonar is acting jealous but that may not be a logical reason for the fault.

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.

5 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: M-Audio Axiom 49 and Sonar 2009/07/13 05:31:20 (permalink)
    1) don't you read NDA's?!?! (it's a bit like the film fight club.. you don't talk mention it)

2) you can't really moan about it until its a full version, as it's a asking them to look into something that isn't finalised yet.

3) reason uses preset 10 and reprograms it , are you sure record isn't also? or hasn't.. as reason will reprogram preset 10 specifically.. with the axiom , I use 17 if I recall.. not infront of it now

post edited by Fog - 2009/07/13 05:47:31
    Grumbleweed_
    RE: M-Audio Axiom 49 and Sonar 2009/07/13 07:46:14 (permalink)
    Please try reading what I wrote.

1) I am not talking about Record, I have no problem with it.
    2) I am not asking anybody to make my Axiom work with Record.
    3) I know that Preset 10 is over-written by Reason/Record.

What I am asking is why Sonar will not respond to my Axiom keys, pitch bend and mod wheel but will respond to control surface commands.
    Somebody may have had this problem in the past and knows the solution. I have to mention Record as that is (possibly) the only difference between Sonar/Axiom working a while ago and Sonar/Axiom not working now.

Grumbleweed on Bandcamp

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    RE: M-Audio Axiom 49 and Sonar 2009/07/13 08:03:59 (permalink)
    well there is a config file that you can remove to reset things,but ask support for that... as I had an issue with things locking.. so maybe the same thing.. reason / record might not be releasing the driver. is there a specific order in which events happen

BUT are you even getting the midi signal to light up if your hitting a key within sonar? so to show it's sending..and your sure it's setup in the midi in's etc. I mean when it's specified as a Control surface, it's not treated as a separate thing.. or is it..

i'm just curious if record not being a final version has a lot to do with it, as you used reason before without issue right?

Grumbleweed_
    RE: M-Audio Axiom 49 and Sonar 2009/07/13 09:39:11 (permalink)
    Everything has been fine and dandy - I just haven't use Sonar that much recently!
    When I play the keys there is no response what-so-ever by Sonar. If I open a z3ta synth the control surfaces will do just what I expect (cut-off, res etc) via ACT.
    There may be some conlict between Record and Sonar but I'm pointing any fingers and I'm hoping that it is purely co-incidental and can be cured by doing something not to deep and nasty.

Grum.

Grumbleweed on Bandcamp

Grumbleweed_
    RE: M-Audio Axiom 49 and Sonar 2009/07/13 15:57:12 (permalink)
    Sussed it. To cut a long story short I have midi echo disabled (for a good reason) so have to turn on "Input Echo" on the track to enable it.

It doesn't pay to neglect Sonar when your memory is shot!

Grum.

Grumbleweed on Bandcamp

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1