M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 Anniversary not recognised in Sonar HS7

Author
BigM4068
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2010/07/15 23:31:25 (permalink)

M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 Anniversary not recognised in Sonar HS7

I had tried to get this setup going at various times over the last year - RolandED PC180A --> M-Audio MIDISport Anniversary 2x2 --> Dell Vostro 1500 - Intel Core Duo T5270 1.40 GHz; 695 MHz; 2GB RAM. Windows XP SP3 Home - Sonar HS 7.
Having had no luck, mainly installing the latest driever from the web but most recently just letting the 2x2 use its own resources.
I just sent the 2x2 back to the supplier who tested it and found it installed and was usable by CuBase on an XP machine without any additonal drivers and the whole process happened routinely via some dialog boxes.
I get no dialog boxes, the Composite Driver gets installed reporting 'working' and the M-Audio Channel MIDI led glows bright and dim by turns, with the Channel A input led flashing and responding with brighter glows to key depressions on the PC-180A. This happens for a while (c. 90 seconds) then the Input/output LEDs stops glowing. Throughout, no input device shows in the SONAR Options>MIDI Devices box so I can't select it.
I get the feeling there may be some setting in SONAR which generates some kind of handshake which keeps the link going and registers the M-Audio device in the listing? Regards BigM

2 Replies Related Threads

daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 Anniversary not recognised in Sonar HS7 2010/07/15 23:49:49 (permalink)
    No, no, no. The MIDISport works fine with Sonar. I used 2 of them for the last 10 years without a problem until I installed Windows 7 and M-Audio didn't have a driver.

When you plug in the MIDISport, does Windows give you a message that its been installed? If Windows recognizes the MIDISport, so will Sonar. Go to Options-MIDI Devices and make sure its selected as the input and output device and move it to the top of the list.

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    BigM4068
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 Anniversary not recognised in Sonar HS7 2010/07/21 07:38:50 (permalink)
    Thanks very much for your very clear steer!
    I'm absolutely convinced you're spot on that my MIDIsport 2x2 isn't getting installed in Windows properly and that if it was Sonar would spot it automatically.

Having verified that the 2x2 works fine with the vendor's setup, I asked the official supprt forums for Sonar (Dealer line but they talked to me) and M-Audio had ever heard before of this failure of Windows to recognise a USB interface. My hope was that one of their extensive databases contained details of a similar case along with a solution.
    As well as not getting any MIDI Inputs in the Sonar box, the drivers in 'Sound and Game Controller Drivers' are all generic and apparently should be tagged as '2x2' ones. The Composite USB Driver is tagged '2x2' but not the Sound & Game Controller ones.
    It doesn't seem to be ringing any bells with either of them so far and I think I'm going to have to go to Microsoft next.

At this point I yearn for my 1992 Windows 98 PC and Roland ISA SCC-1 sound card!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1