MC does not start

Author
ptorpey
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 85
2006/07/21 14:47:53 (permalink)

MC does not start

MC was working fine for me, except the latency when playing from a midi keyboard was poor.

Thus, I went into Options / audio to change from using an MME driver to a WDM driver. The internal sound card on my PC has WDM options (in the Windows Control Panel / Sounds and Multi-Media, etc.) and these options are checked to be used.

The next time I tried to start MC, I received the message that the audio card had to be checked out for timing (as should happen), but this process just disappeared and left me on the Desktop again without opening up MC.

Then I tried to start MC again, but nothing happened when I clicked on the MC icon or even when I went directly to the Programs folder and clicked on the appropriate EXE file. I didn't even get an error message - Just nothing!

When I restarted the computer and tried to start MC, I again got to the checking audio card settings dialog, but after this disappeared MC did not start. Again, trying to start MC did not work.

I reinstalled MC from scratch, but have the same results. What's wrong and how can I get back into MC to fix this or change back to using the MME driver so that at leat something will work?

Oh yes, I have a Dell 2.6 GHz PC with an internal SoundMax Digital Audio card.

Thanks.

-- Pete

-- Pete

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: MC does not start 2006/07/21 19:25:26 (permalink)
    The only thing I can think of is to disable, then reinstall your sound card, I'd probably also check for the latest drivers for the sound card.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: MC does not start 2006/07/22 02:15:18 (permalink)
    The sound max is notorious for audio work!

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1