MC noting recording!

Author
Roadie
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2006/09/23 21:32:37 (permalink)

MC noting recording!

I have Edirol UA25 sound card, mic and guitar plugged in and sound coming through speakers fine. But is not being picked up in MC, I have enabled the record button on the audio track but no sound is being picked up. The record function works but doesn't record anything in the track ie: no sound registering. Edirol UA25 is selected in audio menus for all drivers, playback and record, etc. Wave profiler has been done and was successful. Can you give me any reasons why sound is not being picked up???
post edited by Roadie - 2006/09/23 21:47:27

6 Replies Related Threads

Roadie
    RE: MC NOT recording! 2006/09/23 21:34:15 (permalink)
    sorry error in title!!
    Greek2Me
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 272
    RE: MC NOT recording! 2006/09/23 22:07:15 (permalink)
    Is your guitar plugged into a "line in" of your soundcard? Check your windows settings...

Right click on speaker icon and select "Volume Control". Then click "Options" and select the "Recording" button. Do you have a "Line In" box? Is it checked? If not, check it. Is the volume turned up on it? Is it muted?

Note that you can only have ONE record device enabled at a time, selecting one disables any other, even though they remain available.

Just some possibilities....
    post edited by Greek2Me - 2006/09/23 23:40:13

Ginoskein auton kai gnoridzo auton, touto ho skopos moi

To know Him, and to make Him known, this my goal.
    Roadie
    RE: MC NOT recording! 2006/09/23 23:25:12 (permalink)
    Thanks for that, my sound card (audio capture)is external so is connected via usb to computer. Which means a lot of the normal volume controls aren't available on computer, because you can control these with the dials,etc on sound card - edirol sort overrides the computer sound control so to speak.

I recently made the error of saying yes to upgrade my itunes with a pop up window which stuffed all my audio devices. I had a guy come in who reinstalled everything, got computer sound, speakers and edirol working again - before he left I opened music creator to make sure this was still working and it played back perfectly and still does, but didn't think to check if record would work. I hope the sound card hasn't been stuffed. I also have Sonar LE and the same thing is occurring. It just weird that I can play everthing through the sound card computer sounds, music files, cds, etc. but not record.

One thing I want to know is whats the difference in drivers when both have same name but one has MME in front. The MC accepts the driver without the prefix, but does not support format for one with MME in front.

With more a background info, can anyone shed some light for me.
    Greek2Me
    RE: MC NOT recording! 2006/09/24 00:26:48 (permalink)
    I can't give you specifics, but you WILL find everybody recommending to STAY AWAY from MME driveres unless absolutly necessary. They have the worst latency problems.
    Roadie
    RE: MC NOT recording! 2006/09/24 08:38:12 (permalink)
    Problems fixed, I unplugged and replugged the USB sound card. Then went to start button, then selected RUN typed in MSCONFIG clicked OK. Menu came up and selected NORMAL START UP, computer went through loading all device drivers and then restarted. Went back into music creator after system rebooted, and to my joy when enabling the record button I saw green lights finally come up on the audio register. Amazingly I had shut down the computer, done system restore and everything before. But this time bingo baby it worked. I hope the above helps some else when confronted with this problem.
    Greek2Me
    RE: MC NOT recording! 2006/09/24 20:30:24 (permalink)
    A friend of mine is fond of saying "Even a BLIND squirril finds a nut every now and then!"

Congrats!

RMc
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1