MC2 user needs help with latency set up problems

Author
Wallyw
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2006/01/11 08:20:33 (permalink)

MC2 user needs help with latency set up problems

just a couple of questions that I hope can be cleared up. Have previously had MC which I had some problems with so did nothing much until I recently bought a new computer. Gradually learning some stuff by trial and error and by reading this forum. Just today I have installed MC2 which is listed in a separate location on C drive, separate icon on desktop etc so the question begs to be asked, should I uninstall the original MC to get the best set up. Also I have a latency problem of about .5 of a second. This makes it really difficult to record as recording a track with the piano as output stops the latency but all the tracks play as a piano sound and it is so garbled that you cannot follow the tune. If you mute the drum track/others you then cannot follow the rhythm, to use the GW synth as the output means that you have the half a second latency problem. One suggestion that I have received from someone is to either increase my RAM or get a seperate hard drive to keep MC2 on and run Windows etc on the original drive as Windows is always running so much in the background and or get a new sound card.. I want to use MC for a range of recording and music publishing options.
My system is:-
IntelR pentioum 4 CPU 3.0GHz and I gig RAM running Window XP, Realtek AC'97 sound card, Kawai ES1 Digal Piano connected via MIDI cables to a USB Midi 1X1 and midi port and a Yamaha EMX212s powered mixer.
What do you suggest?
If I get a new sound card what do you suggest?
How should I correctly connect the powered mixer into all this configeration?

3 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: MC2 user needs help with latency set up problems 2006/01/12 01:25:50 (permalink)
    uninstall the old
    get a better card
    use the card to attach midi

Tweak system for audio work

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Wallyw
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: MC2 user needs help with latency set up problems 2006/01/12 21:56:23 (permalink)
    Thanks very much Robomusic. Sorry for the lame questions but it really helped to get a confirmation of what I anticipated I would need to do.
    See ya
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: MC2 user needs help with latency set up problems 2006/01/13 01:01:33 (permalink)
    No need to applogize, all questions are good if they help all us us learn sompin'

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1