MC3 Midi/audio playback.. Help!

Author
Eric75
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/08/18 01:22:15 (permalink)

MC3 Midi/audio playback.. Help!

We have MC3 and would like to get things moving along. I am using an HP dv 1000 laptop with M-Audio midi/usb to record my Roland v-drums, (don't have a clue about what sound card this computer has) but i only get audio playback through my drums mono out or headphones, the same applies to using a keyboard where playback only comes through the keyboard speaker. Using the laptops mic input we can record voice and hear playback through the computer speakers, why can't we hear the midi playback through the computer speakers?? How would it be possible to mix the music together from different playback sources??

1 Reply Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: MC3 Midi/audio playback.. Help! 2007/08/18 10:53:56 (permalink)
    why can't we hear the midi playback through the computer speakers?? How would it be possible to mix the music together from different playback sources??

Because you haven't told the computer to play it through the PC.
    To use the PC's speakers. it has to go through the PC's sound card. And MIDI will need some type of software synthesizer in the sound card to play it, such as your keyboard, which has it's own hardware synth.
    If your sound card can play MIDI, go to 'options>audio' at the top of the MC screen. Click the 'advanced' tab, and tell us what's listed there. Switch the driver mode to MME, which may allow you to select Microsoft Wavetable Synth from 'options>MIDI Devices'. This is the synth on most onboard sound cards, and doesn't sound real good, but it will allow you to mix audio and MIDI/drums from the same speakers.
    Greg

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1