MIDI Activity icon on Windows Taskbar

Author
gustabo
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2591
2016/12/19 16:46:03 (permalink)

MIDI Activity icon on Windows Taskbar

Although I am one of the group of no crashes with Sonar, since X1, track heavy (with a lot of midi) projects would sometimes hang while loading forcing me to do a reboot because the midi activity icon will not release or close.
I could never find a consistent recipe to cause the projects to hang (all soft synth/midi tracks are frozen) so I never filed a problem report.
On a lark, I decided to turn off Prefs>Customization>Display>"Show MIDI Activity on Windows Taskbar".
Six days later, I have not had a project hang on load (highly unusual for me) and the projects are possibly opening a little faster.
Just wanted to pass this tip on and I have posted in the Problem Reports forum that there may be an issue with the activity icon enabled.
post edited by gustabo - 2016/12/19 17:50:06

Cakewalk by Bandlab - Win10 Pro x64 - StudioCat Platinum Studio DAW - 32 GB Ram - MOTU UltraLite-mk3
M-Audio Keystation 88ES - Akai MPD26 (hot-rodded) - Alesis DM10 - a few guitars, a few amps
Novation Launch Control - Korg nanoKONTROL2 - PreSonus FaderPort - DAW Remote HD on iPad
Adam A7X - Behritone C50A
PreSonus Monitor Station v2 (controlling the mons)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonarusergroup/

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1