Helpful ReplyMIDI CC editing

Author
Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
2016/05/12 00:16:52 (permalink)
4.5 (2)

MIDI CC editing

Please improve the editing of midi CCs. It is a bit awkward now and it takes longer than it should. The smart tool often gets in the way because it will switch to adjust mode instead of draw which causes me to have to do all sorts of micro adjustments. Of course you can just use draw mode, but IMO it would be better to just eliminate the adjust level feature from the smart tool. Let that be an option you have to select.

Also it would be nice to have nodes or something that lets you draw things in a straight line. I don't know about other users, but I don't often need midi CCs that jump up and down in blocks of quarter notes. However I need smooth crescendos in almost every song. Drawing this by hand with a mouse can be tricky.

Finally, please make midi fx for CCs like the ones you have for velocity. It's easy to compress, increase, limit, randomize, etc velocity, but it would be nice to have the same functions for midi CCs.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: MIDI CC editing 2016/05/12 03:45:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Chandler 2016/05/12 09:23:26
+1 (1)
Chandler
Also it would be nice to have nodes or something that lets you draw things in a straight line. I don't know about other users, but I don't often need midi CCs that jump up and down in blocks of quarter notes. However I need smooth crescendos in almost every song. Drawing this by hand with a mouse can be tricky.

From https://www.cakewalk.com/...lp=EditingMIDI.22.html
"Tip: To draw a straight line, hold the SHIFT key down while you draw."

Finally, please make midi fx for CCs like the ones you have for velocity. It's easy to compress, increase, limit, randomize, etc velocity, but it would be nice to have the same functions for midi CCs.

http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,286.0.html
http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,275.0.html

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
Re: MIDI CC editing 2016/05/12 09:08:18 (permalink)
Thank you for finding that info about holding the shift key. I didn't know that. Do your plugins manipulate midi CCs? I didn't see anything mentioned and there are no screenshots.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: MIDI CC editing 2016/05/12 14:59:10 (permalink)
Another tip: drawing CCs with Snap ON will follow whatever measure is set by it. For fully smooth transitions, turn Snap OFF.
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: MIDI CC editing 2016/05/12 15:19:23 (permalink)
Chandler
Thank you for finding that info about holding the shift key. I didn't know that. Do your plugins manipulate midi CCs? I didn't see anything mentioned and there are no screenshots.

One plug-in is for Velocity (only) manipulation "free" way. No randomization, but arbitrary mapping (something hard to achieve with CW plug-ins). I decide that it can be useful for you.

Another is special, it can manipulate any MIDI messages in arbitrary way, even convert Note+Velocity to CC+Value. Works life and offline (unlike CAL).

Both plug-ins are free to use, no adware, support restless uninstallation and takes less then 1MB together.

If you do not have experience in programming, I can prepare presets for you for operations you need. These are normally tiny programs in Lua programming language. Examples of such programs you can find toward the end of the description.

Theoretically I can reproduce the whole functionality of CW Velocity plug-in and apply that to CC, except randomization that will be strait forward (< 3 minutes for each function). For randomization I will need to spend a bit longer (20-30 minutes to test that is working fine). But I am tired to produce something just to see that no one even try to download it. Not even the person who has explicitly asked to make such plug-in with Lua as the language (and has promised to test it). So, you can select one function with you miss  and I will made the preset. In case I see you have at least downloaded it, I will implement the next

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1